Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Share Your Mermaid Makeup!

Thank you! It's one of the tops they had at the shoot. They're really pretty! I think I'll be making one of my own soon
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

You should! Its gorgeous 😍
    formerly known as Julianne.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Saren's Avatar
    Follow Saren On Twitter
    Follow Saren on Tumblr Visit Saren's Youtube Channel

My go to makeup look for storytimes. I really REALLY want o improve this look, mainly my eye makeup.
    Mermaid Saren
    ||Tumblr||YouTube||Instagram||Twitter||

user formerly known as Fayrn

Quote Originally Posted by Saren View Post

My go to makeup look for storytimes. I really REALLY want o improve this look, mainly my eye makeup.
    Pretty! as for improvement there is absolutely never a time you can't use glitter! :P
    Mermaids - not so graceful on land...
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Leina View Post
    Pretty! as for improvement there is absolutely never a time you can't use glitter! :P
    Or a shimmery eyeshadow, if you don't like glitter (I've danced most of my life and have come to hate glitter with a fiery passion). And you could try bringing some of the glitter/shimmer around the corners of your eyes to make it a bit more visible, if you want.

Started out just testing some new stuff from Ulta. Not sure if it's really a mer makeup, but I think it's pretty nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

Senior Member Pod of the Southwest Vrindavana Starfish's Avatar
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish On Twitter Add Vrindavana Starfish on Facebook
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish on Tumblr Visit Vrindavana Starfish's Youtube Channel
    Wow that's cool. Looks like a dragon on your forehead.

Why thank you! I quite love dragons. We have a deep connection.

I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

Senior Member Pod of Cali mermaidopal's Avatar
    Follow mermaidopal On Twitter Add mermaidopal on Facebook
    Name:  mermaid1.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  202.4 KB

Here's an example of the way I usually do my mermaid makeup. Since my tail colors are blue, and my favorite color is a kind of greenish blue, I usually make my eye shadow a kind of ombre of several shades of blue. (I use a cheap palette from Forever 21) I also add a white cream eye pencil in the inner corners to brighten up my eyes (I use Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in color "Milk"). I used some liquid liner (it was mostly a dry shoot so nothing fancy) but looking back I wish I would have made it a bit of a darker/thicker cat eye. I also had some mascara but other than that kept it pretty minimal (light foundation, no lip products, and just some clear gel to hold my brows in place). I'm doing my first real gig this upcoming weekend, so I'm going to try to take the makeup a little bit more over the top and fantastical and add some clear stick on gems and maybe some false lashes. I also have a photoshoot coming up this week which should be fun to experiment with makeup. I'll post after the event so you all can see the new makeup looks!

I subscribe to the LetzMakeup channel on YouTube, and I thought her eyeshadow in this video would be great for a mermaid look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfhj..._jMyMTA0MjAxNg

This is my most dramatic look, for my Fem! Haru cosplay. This includes contacts, makeup, false eyelashes, the wig, and self made scale prosthetics.

This is probably my favorite look thus-far, inspired by scales and sea waves. Inspiration from a NIX competition youtube video (cant find the link). This one is mostly makeup, also uses contacts and eyelashes.

And my most subtle: gradient blue scales. This was for my 21st birthday part.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Saren's Avatar
    Follow Saren On Twitter
    Follow Saren on Tumblr Visit Saren's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Mia View Post
    This is my most dramatic look, for my Fem! Haru cosplay. This includes contacts, makeup, false eyelashes, the wig, and self made scale prosthetics.

This is probably my favorite look thus-far, inspired by scales and sea waves. Inspiration from a NIX competition youtube video (cant find the link). This one is mostly makeup, also uses contacts and eyelashes.

And my most subtle: gradient blue scales. This was for my 21st birthday part.
    Your scale prosthetics look very cool!
    Mermaid Saren
    ||Tumblr||YouTube||Instagram||Twitter||

user formerly known as Fayrn

Quote Originally Posted by Saren View Post
    Your scale prosthetics look very cool!
    Thank you :3

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenTrillium View Post
    My favorite mermaid makeup so far
    Everything looks so cool, just as I imagined the mermaid make-up should look like, but never seen it in real life. Well done? Maybe you study makeup?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod KayNS's Avatar
    Follow KayNS On Twitter Add KayNS on Facebook
    Here's the makeup I tested out at the pool last evening. It stayed on REALLY well during my 45 minute swim. The lipstick faded a bit, but it's not long lasting lipstick, so I expected that.

Name:  IMG_1031.JPG
Views: 605
Size:  163.5 KB

Eyes: Too Faced eye primer, Urban Decay Electric Palette eyeshadow
    Brows: Anastasia of Beverly Hills
    Liner & Lashes: Sephora waterproof liquid liner and mascara
    Blush: Revlon cream blush
    Lips: The Estee Edit Mattified lipstick
    Sealer: Final Seal by Ben Nye (several coats)

It looks really nice! Im glad it stayed on for you

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod KayNS's Avatar
    Follow KayNS On Twitter Add KayNS on Facebook
    Here's how my makeup looked in the water.

Name:  IMG_0939.JPG
Views: 504
Size:  84.3 KB

So this is one I have been playing with. My tail is going to be various blues and black with some silver. Sorry it's so big and sideways and not a very good picture. My bathroom sucks for lighting and my front camera is broken!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sapphire Mermaid; 06-02-2016 at 12:19 AM.
    Sapphire Mermaid x

It was a Friday morn when we set sail
    And we were not far from the land
    When our captain, he spied a fishy mermaid
    With a comb and a glass in her hand

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Mermaid View Post
    So this is one I have been playing with. My tail is going to be various blues and black with some silver. Sorry it's so big and sideways and not a very good picture. My bathroom sucks for lighting and my front camera is broken!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    You're eyes really have a pretty pop with those colors!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    cats cats cats...whats up with those things?

Formerly known as jayy

Ahoy there, fellow mers!!! Love seeing everyone's work! I haven't posted anything here in quite a while,so why not share somethin' to sort of reintroduce myself! This was a mermaid makeup I did back in August. I also made the crown,the gold sea fans and the adorned bra. Hope you like it!)