Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Zealand Mers

Kia ora! Always good to have another kiwi mer around, I'm in Auckland too! Not sure if you know but we have a facebook pod too that is getting more and more active every day. We're hoping to have some meet ups when it starts to get warmer, we'd love for you to join
    I love my fantasea fin 3 but the shipping is definitely a killer! I find that it's propulsion (at least for me) is pretty comparable to my mahina but sooo much more comfortable. it also doesn't sink as fast as you would think it would considering it's weight on land.

Junior Member Pod of Oceania Naiadele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hellocourtney View Post
    Kia ora! Always good to have another kiwi mer around, I'm in Auckland too! Not sure if you know but we have a facebook pod too that is getting more and more active every day. We're hoping to have some meet ups when it starts to get warmer, we'd love for you to join
    I love my fantasea fin 3 but the shipping is definitely a killer! I find that it's propulsion (at least for me) is pretty comparable to my mahina but sooo much more comfortable. it also doesn't sink as fast as you would think it would considering it's weight on land.
    Awesome, I’ve put in my request on the fb group would be super keen to meet everyone and see their tails!
    O that’s very interesting! I like the idea of it being more comfortable, do you find it more manoeuvrable than the mahina? I was wondering if since it is softer it might have less resistance to turning etc. my barrel rolls are very hit and miss but that may just be me haha

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Quote Originally Posted by Naiadele View Post
    Awesome, I’ve put in my request on the fb group would be super keen to meet everyone and see their tails!
    O that’s very interesting! I like the idea of it being more comfortable, do you find it more manoeuvrable than the mahina? I was wondering if since it is softer it might have less resistance to turning etc. my barrel rolls are very hit and miss but that may just be me haha

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    I'll be honest it's been a while since i swam in any monofin because of the whole corona thing and then winter but from what i remember it's very maneuverable! if you can do barrel rolls in a vinyl containing tail then you can definitely do them in a fantasea fin, way less drag

Junior Member Pod of Oceania coro-mer's Avatar
    Hey everybody! It’s so great to see some more merfolk from NZ, I’d love to get to know you guys better! I’m new to the whole mermaid culture but I’m very excited to be a part of it all! I live in Auckland but spend a lot of time in the Coromandel too :)
    [ Reid - they/them - New Zealand ]