Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some questions about Raven's tails!

I think pelvic fins (perhaps the longer flowy sort) and hip fins tend to take the most damage, since they are at spots where either a lot of pressure is put on them or can be accidentally snagged on rough surfaces.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Thanks Ianthe. Would ankle/heel fins work better? I've heard they cause extra wrinkling, but perhaps if I ask they be put a tad higher (and just make them longer and flowy) that could be avoided.

I was just looking at extra fins on different tails and there seems to be no set design as with flukes, so I'm guessing we create our own?

I honestly worry the most about my heel fins (not a Merbella tail, but same principal). They take a lot of abuse just from the fact that humans will try to use their feet in their tail to move and forget they have fins. Also, the very act of swimming and flexing your ankles can pull on ankle fins (depending on how they are attached), and that can weaken them.
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

I will say, raven has seriously improved how she attaches fins. But I wouldnt recommend many if you're going to be working with kids, or constantly taking your tail off and on. I had pelvic fins before and always ripped them from constantly taking my tail off and on. I decided not to get them on this tail. I miss the look and flow of them, but it wasnt worth the worry for me lol.

Raina I don't think I'd have those problems, but I can imagine how inconvenient they must be for you! I am a sucker for how they look so I'm glad that Raven's are pretty secure.

Lorelei, that's an excellent point about the heel fins — the amount of times I've accidentally stood on my fluke is ridiculous xD I think I'll take the risk of ankle fins (and be prepared to ship back for repairs, lol) and perhaps add a little side fin on the lower half as well.

Thanks for the help, off to the drawing board!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    I think the little fins Raina has on her ankles are probably on the safer side.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk