Thread: Idaho/Washington windstorm

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Felicia's Avatar

Idaho/Washington windstorm

So we had a horrible storm over here on Tuesday. Many are without power, there were 4 deaths and quite a few injuries We've been told that we may be out of power up to five days. I'm not sure if any mers other than myself are in this area but if there are I hope you are alright! I am lucky enough to have a fire place for heat but I know many are not, so if you are in the area and need help I can't offer much more than a heated place to sleep but you are welcome to sleep here (I'm in cda Idaho)
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

-- Dr. Seuss

Instagram @Mermaid_Felicia
    Find me on Facebook

Yeah, it was a hell of a storm over here in Seattle too. Fortunately, my boat made it through unscathed. (my friend's boat, in a dry storage yard, didn't. Another boat fell over onto it).

I was at my grandmother's on land when she lost power. Might still be without, I'm not sure. Thank goodness she's got a wood stove and plenty of wood chopped and ready to go. There's trees and branches down all over the place, though.

That's unfortunate for your friend The cda and Spokane area were absolutely ravaged by the storm, trees, fences, and building were just ripped apart. The roof of a building near me got torn off and hit my car, so I have a big pretty dent now but it could be worse I suppose

-- Dr. Seuss

Find me on Facebook

Oh no My aunt who lives near Seattle and my mother were talking about this earlier today... I didn't hear much but I really hope that everyone is alright!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

It was crazy alright! Luckily our area only went about 10 hours without power before it was restored. Last I saw over a million lost power. There are still some places under Puget Sound Energy that still don't have power. PSE was preparing as soon as they heard about the storm though, they were ready to jump on it when the power went out. Additional crews were brought in and they worked over night as long as it was safe to do so. Last I heard though 9+ transmision lines went out, yikes! Tons of road closures. Last I heard 3 of the deaths were due to falling trees, 1 death due to a live wire that came down

At least in my area, wind storms and power outages seems to be at least a yearly thing. A lot of places have generators it seems, at least for their refrigerators/freezers so they don't lose food. At least if it ever got crazy my husband and I could always head to the military base, "Base stays powered, it's part of what base does" in his words! It sure can get windy up here, that's for sure.

Sorry about your car Felicia Just glad you weren't in it, and that you're okay! Same goes to the rest of you!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    It was crazy alright! Luckily our area only went about 10 hours without power before it was restored. Last I saw over a million lost power. There are still some places under Puget Sound Energy that still don't have power. PSE was preparing as soon as they heard about the storm though, they were ready to jump on it when the power went out. Additional crews were brought in and they worked over night as long as it was safe to do so. Last I heard though 9+ transmision lines went out, yikes! Tons of road closures. Last I heard 3 of the deaths were due to falling trees, 1 death due to a live wire that came down

At least in my area, wind storms and power outages seems to be at least a yearly thing. A lot of places have generators it seems, at least for their refrigerators/freezers so they don't lose food. At least if it ever got crazy my husband and I could always head to the military base, "Base stays powered, it's part of what base does" in his words! It sure can get windy up here, that's for sure.

Sorry about your car Felicia Just glad you weren't in it, and that you're okay! Same goes to the rest of you!
    Unfortunately This doesn't happen to cda or Spokane that often... If every really, very few have generators or alternate power source over here, so many (including myself) lost all their food because of the outage, I've also lost about 200$ in aquarium fish due to the lack of power I'm really hoping that the get us powered up again soon. But I feel I'm very fortunate to have lost so little over all, im happy to still have a car, dent and all, and to still have a home that is mostly intact

-- Dr. Seuss

Find me on Facebook