Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Kariel - Tails of Art

Mermaid Kariel - Tails of Art

It seems people can't find too much info on Kariel's tails so I thought I would gather what I could find into the one place.

Basic silicone tails:
    What do you get for a $2,900. basic tail?

Choice of current Scale Sheet design:
    Malia scale, Harmony scale, Melody scale

• Choice fluke shape design: The Butterfly Fluke. The Kimberly Fluke
    • Choice of blended colors: Up to 3 colors.
    • Metallic spray top coat.
    • Finis Shooter monofin
    • Made to size - Plus size buyers email for quote

Extras:
    Glow in the Dark or UV black light reactive options: $50+ Price varies on whether you want a few places painted or the entire tail. This will be determined with Mermaid Kariel during the design portion of your tail production.
    Individual silicone scales: (As seen on Mermaid Malia's tail) $500 upgrade.
    Silicone tops are priced at: $300 & up.
    Sequin and Shell embellished tops:$350 and up.
    Custom fluke design: $1000. Price will be dependent on: How complicated your sculpture is. It's measurements and How long it will take to sculpt. Mermaid Kariel will only create a custom tail if she finds artistically desirable.
    Glitter: starts at $50
    Fins: start at $150 a pair and go up to $500 for larger or light up fins
    Markings and patterns: $100+ depending on design

Found: http://www.mermaidkariel.com/store1....tegory=3414239

Mermaids - not so graceful on land...
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Her info on the ordering process:

1. Once the basic Tail of Art is paid in full we will move forward in the tail design process.
    2. Make and send your Duct Tape Cast, using our guidance and visual diagrams.
    3. Communicate your tail desires and inspirations to Mermaid Kariel. This can be done over email or Skype.
    4. Kariel will then create and share her art renderings/concept sketches of your tail. Ensuring she fully understands your tail wants and needs.
    5. Then sign off on your tail design, upgrades, and color theme that were established during the concept sessions.
    6. Payments for any upgrades chosen, and estimated shipping fees will be paid at this step. Before production may start.
    7. Tail production begins: You will receive an updated bi-weekly tail progress report over the next 30 days of production.
    8. Tail will be weighed and tested in the water for quality assurance.
    9. Tail will packed and shipped along with any accessories chosen. You will receive a tracking number so that you may locate your shipment en route.
    10. We will contact you the day your tail is meant to arrive to ensure you are completely satisfied with your Tail of Art.
    11. *We hope that you will join our team of Mermaids on a Reading Mission. Where you may gain experience, knowledge and share a beautiful message to our world. More information on The Mermaid On a Mission Program is coming soon.
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    I personally don't agree with the whole 'plus size pays more' deal. I understand from a business point of view yes it takes more materials but I can also see how it may offend more curvy mers. Also the definition of 'plus size' is a very vague description. I mean I don't consider myself plus size but on the model scale I would be. Who decides where the 'plus size' line is drawn? There isn't really a set definition as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    I personally don't agree with the whole 'plus size pays more' deal. I understand from a business point of view yes it takes more materials but I can also see how it may offend more curvy mers. Also the definition of 'plus size' is a very vague description. I mean I don't consider myself plus size but on the model scale I would be. Who decides where the 'plus size' line is drawn? There isn't really a set definition as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
    I agree. It could definitely offend it put off buyers.

I found und this that she said when asked about it:
    'Plus sizes may have to go with the individul scale option depending on size. Email me with your measurements and I can let you know. I tried to make my scale sheets to fit some plus sizes as I would like to give everyone an equal price, howver the larger I make a scale sheet the more expensive it is on the back side of my business.'

So I guess I understand why she does it but I do agree with what you said MerCrazy.
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Coradion's Avatar

Visit Coradion's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Leina View Post
    I agree. It could definitely offend it put off buyers.

I found und this that she said when asked about it:
    'Plus sizes may have to go with the individul scale option depending on size. Email me with your measurements and I can let you know. I tried to make my scale sheets to fit some plus sizes as I would like to give everyone an equal price, howver the larger I make a scale sheet the more expensive it is on the back side of my business.'

So I guess I understand why she does it but I do agree with what you said MerCrazy.

If you've seen Kariel's tails in person it makes sense. Even her scale mold tails are seamless. You can try and find the seams and they're just not there. The individual scale tail she made for Mermaid Malia was hugely labor intensive and Malia is fit and averagely proportioned. Her scale mold tail she made for Harmony was perfect when I saw it. Like there is no seam line at all. Bigger tails take more materials and more work. Painting especially if you're super careful can take forever, if you think about it in terms of hours of labor it makes sense to charge more. It's the same way he larger fins cost more if you want a custom one.

Quote Originally Posted by Coradion View Post
    If you've seen Kariel's tails in person it makes sense. Even her scale mold tails are seamless. You can try and find the seams and they're just not there. The individual scale tail she made for Mermaid Malia was hugely labor intensive and Malia is fit and averagely proportioned. Her scale mold tail she made for Harmony was perfect when I saw it. Like there is no seam line at all. Bigger tails take more materials and more work. Painting especially if you're super careful can take forever, if you think about it in terms of hours of labor it makes sense to charge more. It's the same way he larger fins cost more if you want a custom one.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    Ditto. You're very right. Her seams - or lack there of shows skill I can only dream of, I think. So yeah. Good point
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Senior Member Pod of Cali badkidbebe's Avatar
    Thank you for the information! Her tails are looking soooo pretty!!!!! I'm such a sucker for shimmer and glitter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a Tail of Art unboxing video by Mermaid Marinna:
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Merley's Avatar
    Add Merley on Facebook
    Wow, that tail is gorgeous. O.O
    User formerly known as "Waikiki Mermaid".

I meant to link that when I found it too! Thanks for that it's such a gorgeous tail!! And the top too!
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Have you found any other Tail of Art unboxing videos? I am so tempted to have a Kariel Tail of Art... I just wish there were more swim videos, photos, and reviews of her tails.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Evolet's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Evolet on Facebook
    Mermaid Carmen Mina is a friend of mine and she will get her Tail of Art by February. I'm sure she will post some videos and pictures! ;-)
    Mermaid at Heart <3

*Facebook: www.facebook.com/meerjungfrauevolet
    *Instagram: instagram.com/mermaidevolet

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    Have you found any other Tail of Art unboxing videos? I am so tempted to have a Kariel Tail of Art... I just wish there were more swim videos, photos, and reviews of her tails.
    There's one of Kariel's channel for a second hand hybrid Tail of Art, and as for swimming Kariel has quite a number of them but maybe not in the silicone ones yet...
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

I just got my Kariel tail last week. This is my 8th tail overall. It is by far superior to all my other tails. Her customer service makes sure you have no questions bc she has a Google doc that shows you your tail at each phase so you can see how far your tail has come 24/7. She also has followed up with me a lot after I've received my tail in case I needed extra support. I got my tail 3 months after ordering it and both mine and my daughter's tails are absolutely perfect! I have an unboxing video on FB. I'm not sure how to share it on here but if you can see it please take a look!

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidBonnie View Post
    I just got my Kariel tail last week. This is my 8th tail overall. It is by far superior to all my other tails. Her customer service makes sure you have no questions bc she has a Google doc that shows you your tail at each phase so you can see how far your tail has come 24/7. She also has followed up with me a lot after I've received my tail in case I needed extra support. I got my tail 3 months after ordering it and both mine and my daughter's tails are absolutely perfect! I have an unboxing video on FB. I'm not sure how to share it on here but if you can see it please take a look!
    YAY! I saw that video the other day on Kariel's Facebook. I was grinning watching it because you look so happy! That little tail of your daughter's is just absolutely adorable too! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidBonnie View Post
    Here is a link to the video: https://www.facebook.com/MermaidKari...25471627469362

I love your video!
    Have you had your first swim in the tail yet?
    I noticed in your video the tail looks like it has a good thickness to it. Also, it looks incredibly beautiful!

You should write a review for the tail since Kariel is still a new tailmaker and there isn't a lot of info from customers about their Tail of Art. I personally love Kariel's tails and am tempted to get one in the future but I wouldn't buy one until I was certain there was enough positive customer feedback and testing of her tails for me to be comfortable getting one versus getting one from a tailmaker who has been making silicone tails longer.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    Tropical Plants

She'll be done with mine within the next two weeks
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

I had an awesome unboxing video, then video got lost on my husbands phone when we moved. And then I had to wait till I swam in it a bunch to do a review, but then I moved, so one of these days I'll sit down and write it, now that I've had time to be in it. :-) but man I love my tail, it's so pretty. Name:  22.jpg
Views: 1659
Size:  81.9 KB
    Last edited by Mermaid Harmony; 03-30-2016 at 04:46 AM.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    She'll be done with mine within the next two weeks
    How exciting!!
    I love your tail Harmony! It's one of my favourites and I love that fluke of Kariel's...
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)