Thread: Wig Styling Question

Wig Styling Question

Hi everyone!! I have been wanting to use a wig for Delphis for quite some time. If I stayed the wig like I wanted, then went underwater, is there ANY WAY that I can at least have the wig retain it's style while underwater. I know that sounds a bit silly, but I won't have a TON of time to be able to re style the wig over and over again. If anyone can help me with the problem at hand, that'd be great!
    All the Best,
    Scotty
    aka
    Merman Delphis
    Merman Delphis
    Life, Disney, Bubbles
    Disney Cast Member For Life
    Into the Blue, Let the Current Move You

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod KayNS's Avatar
    Follow KayNS On Twitter Add KayNS on Facebook
    I agree with Pearl. What kind of style are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Pearl View Post
    It depends on how you want it styled. If you're looking for curls, you might be out of luck.
    I think some wigs will be able to hold the curl.

How long of a wig are you looking for?

Something like this:

Which is available here, but is a bit pricey: http://shop.wigsbuy.com/product/Fluf...-10872519.html

Might hold up. It's a lace front wig. Raina's vlog seems to show a pretty good intro on how to fix it on for underwater use.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Sythetic curls should come back after the wig is dry again, but the curls won't be intact in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    I think some wigs will be able to hold the curl.

How long of a wig are you looking for?

Something like this:

Which is available here, but is a bit pricey: http://shop.wigsbuy.com/product/Fluf...-10872519.html

Might hold up. It's a lace front wig. Raina's vlog seems to show a pretty good intro on how to fix it on for underwater use.
    Well, my hair is naturally curly, I wanted something that's wavy and will keep it's wave underwater. I would LOVE it if my hair could be shoulder length naturally, but it's naturally an afo. I just want a simple wave, maybe I'll just grow my hair out. I don't know. Thank you for the tips, though!
    Merman Delphis
    Life, Disney, Bubbles
    Disney Cast Member For Life
    Into the Blue, Let the Current Move You

I don't think a wave in the hair would show up underwater. The density of the water would pull it as you move around, and out of the water the weight of the water would probably pull it straight until it dried.

Yes, your wig would have to be very kinky to hold any curl when wet, I think...I have very curly hair (but not kinky) and it is dead straight when wet. This is true of people with curly hair instead of kinky, I think. At least in my experience.

My hair is so curly that it stays curly when wet and it afo's out if I brush it. Tip for you: have a shower in the morning and let your hair air dry, DO NOT TOUCH IT. And that's how you get nice(ish) curls for short hair.

I don't think the waves will hold... Like we have all said, the water would hold them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Delphis View Post
    Well, my hair is naturally curly, I wanted something that's wavy and will keep it's wave underwater. I would LOVE it if my hair could be shoulder length naturally, but it's naturally an afo. I just want a simple wave, maybe I'll just grow my hair out. I don't know. Thank you for the tips, though!
    I think the wig will keep it's curls if you have it underwater - mine do.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

In my experience, if you use a heat resistant wig and style it with heat, it will maintain it's curl in water provided it's cool water.

Theoretically I have seen people use things such as clear silicone caulk to make their hair water resistant. That -might- work to keep peicey curls in the wig but I would highly suggest testing this on extensions first!

This might help

Hi there, I agree this might work. I think we should only use synthetic wig for swimming as it is cheap. And I have read somewhere that synthetic hair wigs maintain its curl after it is dry. One of my friends always used to wear the wig while swimming. And she used to take certain tools to keep the wig secure like she used the wigrip under the wigs to make sure it does not slip back—especially if the force of the water via swimming threatens to push your wig back. So we should take care of these things while swimming. Recently she had purchased the synthetic lace wigs from the online website recommend by her sister. The quality of the wig is really good.
    Last edited by Sadied; 10-29-2016 at 12:04 AM.