Couldn't find anywhere else to leave a review of this shop, so I guess I will leave it here..

I've had an absolutely awful experience with the shop, and I'd like to warn anyone considering a tail from Purple Mermaid Studios as what you receive may not be as advertised.

I Commissioned a Mermaid Tail from Purple Mermaid Studios on September 7th 2018. I received it January 25th 2019 and it was not up to par as per their advertisements. I mailed the maker my own mono fin to be put into the tail. The Tail is currently unusable to me and I will list all the issues below:

- Sloppy work : The tail looks very rushed with globs of Silicone and seams all over it. Not all scales are even or straight.

- The fin/fluke is not centred and features a Black seam all around it which is very messy and was not brought to attention pre-purchase. It was also cut in a very jagged edge across the sides for a very unfinished look.

-The fit. I had my measurements taken twice. once by a professional seamstress and once at home to ensure it would be a perfect fit. The tail is a bit large in the waist, too tight at the knee, and wrinkles at the foot.

- The "V" shape I requested be cut into the waistline was not done.

- There is 3 separate spots of RED paint or dirt that was made into the tail (under the silicone)

- The thread on the side seams are beginning to stretch and pull out on the left side only. they are ready to snap which would make the entire tail come undone. The threads used were also not a color match and can be easily seen on the outline. (white on left, black on right)

- The shipping package was not well taped, and was busted open on top

- Seller communication. It was poor throughout, but as soon as received my tail it's been radio silence, until she answered ignoring all of the above, and saying she should have looked over her employees work before it was sent out shifting blame (which still doesn't fix anything)

I don't believe the work I received is professional or up to standard. It looks very rushed even though it had a long wait time (after the advertised 1 month production). This is not something I can use. I am now out of both a tail, and the money I paid for it.

I am extremely disappointed in this tail.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/c6BfGapJTJJT1DhS9 (link to google photo album)