Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Purple Mermaid Studios!

i LOVE the tails you're making! i've been watching your progress for quite some time now, and its amazing what you're doing! i hope to one day (when i can afford it) own one of your beautiful tails!

Aaannnd two more! I'm running a little behind schedule, but only by about a week! I can't believe how many tails I'm working on, thank you everyone for the support and kind words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still can't get over how GORGEOUS mine is! Can't wait till I get it!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

AAH! I love these two new ones. Makes me extremely confident that you could tackle my tail idea no problem! Now to start saving!!
    Formerly known as MermaidSasha

Just ordered mine!! I'm so excited!!

Sent from my LG-H830 using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MerQueen Nerissa View Post
    wow, this thread hasn't been updated in quite a while! College is kicking my BUTT lately, so tail output is much slower than I'd like it to be
    Some updates: I have finished an order since last posting, I'll add a picture of it once I get on my phone.
    Two orders are underway. Though, early stages since I'm so busy! I'm hoping to finish them up soon, just need to find the time!
    And lastly: I am working with Mermaid Shaylee to possibly add more affordable full silicone tails to what I offer! Though this is still in the early stages and until we are on summer break not much is going to happen with this.
    If you do start to make affordable full silicone I am definately going to order one someday when I have the money! For now I just paid for my silicone/neoprene from you and I can't wait!!

Have you changed the silicone you iuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Acqua Luna View Post
    Have you changed the silicone you iuse?
    Yes, I went back to ge after as soon as people started coming to me about the yellowing. No problems with the ge so far.

Name:  93133C57-6BDF-4501-94E1-8E4A81D9902A.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  8.3 KBName:  IMG_1751.JPG
Views: 633
Size:  4.4 KBName:  IMG_1750.JPG
Views: 619
Size:  5.3 KBName:  IMG_1755.JPG
Views: 663
Size:  7.9 KBName:  IMG_1761.JPG
Views: 632
Size:  3.8 KBName:  IMG_1762.JPG
Views: 601
Size:  5.3 KBName:  IMG_1763.JPG
Views: 583
Size:  3.1 KBName:  IMG_1765.JPG
Views: 625
Size:  3.3 KBName:  IMG_1766.JPG
Views: 661
Size:  4.7 KBName:  IMG_1767.JPG
Views: 625
Size:  3.5 KBName:  IMG_1759.JPG
Views: 614
Size:  2.7 KBName:  IMG_1758.JPG
Views: 594
Size:  3.2 KBName:  IMG_1760.JPG
Views: 593
Size:  2.4 KB

Here are all of the tails I've finished recently!

Also, to address acqua Luna's question, and problem, for a while I used dap silicone instead of ge, because getting the ge silicone was becoming more and more difficult, and the dap is found right at my local store. I checked the ingredients, and they were the same, and the silicone looked, smelled, and worked the same, so I didn't think there would be a problem.

But a few months ago I got a few messages both from acqua Luna and another customer about the yellowing, and was pretty sure the dap was the culprit.

After looking into it that was the only thing it could have been. I have since switched back to ge despite it being very hard to find and have had no issues.

Being a tailmaker means there will be bumps along the way, there is no way to make a perfect tail every time. This happens to be one of them and I have bettered my process for it.

Anyway, I'm working hard on my current orders and will be posting those regularly!

Wow, tapatalk KILLED those pictures. Better quality ones can be seen on my facebook page!

Here are all of the tails I've made recently (minus a few, I sent some without taking any pictures)! I'm about to finish up my July/august orders, and then I'll finally be taking orders again!
    Name:  IMG_1843.JPG
Views: 587
Size:  8.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Arietta View Post

Thanks!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Your tails are just getting better and better! c:

Here's a koi tail that I just sent out today!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MerQueen Nerissa View Post
    Here's a koi tail that I just sent out today!
    Your doing so well! Keep going!

That looks beautiful! Does this mean you fixed the problem with the silicone yellowing and wrinkling after a couple of months?

Quote Originally Posted by Acqua Luna View Post
    That looks beautiful! Does this mean you fixed the problem with the silicone yellowing and wrinkling after a couple of months?
    Thank you! And yes I'm 99% sure I have!

I've finally ordered a tail from you and I can't wait! Super excited!!!!
    Formerly known as MermaidSasha

So I've been a bit quiet here on mernetwork this year. I had a big unexpected change in my life that left me homeless for two months so I couldn't make tails for a while, but I'm back to it! I'm also currently working on some big expansions to Purple Mermaid Studios, including hiring my friend Mermaid Shaylee to work with me! Here are some of the tails I've done this year, and a link to my etsy listing as I'm currently taking orders for July production!