Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Purple Mermaid Studios!

They look so good! Love the fluke on the green/black one

i like your tails and i am interested in getting one sometime soon but i don't like floppy flukes
    https://pasteboard.co/HqUJ81X.png
    ^like this
    https://pasteboard.co/HqUJFHz.png
    but then i see this pic and i want to know if the fluke of this tail is actually this stiff or if it bends where the monofin ends

Quote Originally Posted by -Mermaid Amber- View Post
    i like your tails and i am interested in getting one sometime soon but i don't like floppy flukes
    https://pasteboard.co/HqUJ81X.png
    ^like this
    https://pasteboard.co/HqUJFHz.png
    but then i see this pic and i want to know if the fluke of this tail is actually this stiff or if it bends where the monofin ends
    My flukes are quite floppy due to the materials they're made of, the second picture looks less so because it has a bigger monofin and a smaller fluke. If you'd like a tail from me with a less floppy fluke I'd suggest using a mahina merfin, since that'll fill up the whole fluke shape to keep it stiff!

how much does a mahina monofin upgrade cost?

$30-40 depending on how much they cost at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've just checked out your post today on your unfinished but affordable silicone tail for $800, I commented on there and seeing as I found this neoprene tail on your instagram

I'm looking for an affordable but well made tail and I've been considering a few different tail makers like tiggstails, merthology aaand swimtails as a last resort. I really like my Mahina and I would love a neoprene or hybrid tail or even a silicone made with one built in, but I'm feeling a bit lost when it comes to the pricing and the pros and cons I've got a prototype design of what I want. Could you give me a quote on a neoprene based on my design? I hope you're prepared for many many questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member RiverDragonKaringan's Avatar
    Add RiverDragonKaringan on Facebook
    Here is a lovely imgur gallery of me in my Purple Mermaid Studios Tail! I'm the happiest River Dragon!
    https://imgur.com/gallery/QD9cAzm

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Hi Friends! So, it's been quite a while since I've updated here on mernetwork. If you're interested in the tails we made over the summer, please hop on over to my facebook page! I post almost every tail that I make!

I've got some exciting things going on for Purple Mermaid Stuidos! Firstly, we now offer full silicone tails! I'll attach the pricing, as well as the fluke options. I've already made a few (still touching up one for one of my favorite customers/ a friend) and I'm really loving how they're turning out.

Secondly, I'm doing another raffle! As some of you may know, I started off this business with a raffle, and that really helped to spread the word about the tails I make, and really helped me solidify the methods I was new to at the time. So, I've decided to do the same with the full silicone tails! I'm doing it via gofundme, each entry is $15, and you may enter as many times as you'd like! Second runner up gets a top, and third runner up gets a headpiece, and the winner gets their own custom dragonskin tail!

And lastly, I'm working to do away with the caulking entirely! I've been wanting to make the switch to dragonskin for my partial silicone tails for a while now, but with how busy I was with the full silicone launch, I didn't have the time to think about it too much. However, I have some pretty solid ideas on how to make this work, and I'm really excited to make the switch. The GE silicone has been lowering in quality over the last year, and I don't want to put out tails that won't last. So, if anyone is interested in an at-cost partial tail from me (about $300) feel free to pm me, email me at purplemermaidstudios@gmail.com, or message me over on my facebook page!

Link to raffle: https://www.gofundme.com/help-launch...-silicone-line

Here's the full silicone information!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Ive been drooling over your fluke styles and had no idea about this amazing thread ^_^ what a great journey you've had! I love your work! Keep it up
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

Couldn't find anywhere else to leave a review of this shop, so I guess I will leave it here..

I've had an absolutely awful experience with the shop, and I'd like to warn anyone considering a tail from Purple Mermaid Studios as what you receive may not be as advertised.

I Commissioned a Mermaid Tail from Purple Mermaid Studios on September 7th 2018. I received it January 25th 2019 and it was not up to par as per their advertisements. I mailed the maker my own mono fin to be put into the tail. The Tail is currently unusable to me and I will list all the issues below:

- Sloppy work : The tail looks very rushed with globs of Silicone and seams all over it. Not all scales are even or straight.

- The fin/fluke is not centred and features a Black seam all around it which is very messy and was not brought to attention pre-purchase. It was also cut in a very jagged edge across the sides for a very unfinished look.

-The fit. I had my measurements taken twice. once by a professional seamstress and once at home to ensure it would be a perfect fit. The tail is a bit large in the waist, too tight at the knee, and wrinkles at the foot.

- The "V" shape I requested be cut into the waistline was not done.

- There is 3 separate spots of RED paint or dirt that was made into the tail (under the silicone)

- The thread on the side seams are beginning to stretch and pull out on the left side only. they are ready to snap which would make the entire tail come undone. The threads used were also not a color match and can be easily seen on the outline. (white on left, black on right)

- The shipping package was not well taped, and was busted open on top

- Seller communication. It was poor throughout, but as soon as received my tail it's been radio silence, until she answered ignoring all of the above, and saying she should have looked over her employees work before it was sent out shifting blame (which still doesn't fix anything)

I don't believe the work I received is professional or up to standard. It looks very rushed even though it had a long wait time (after the advertised 1 month production). This is not something I can use. I am now out of both a tail, and the money I paid for it.

I am extremely disappointed in this tail.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/c6BfGapJTJJT1DhS9 (link to google photo album)

Here's a few updates of tails I've finished! And just got 2 5 star reviews on the Etsy shop!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Good for you! but my issue is still not settled. You sent me a tail (that was not even made by you NOT to my knowledge), horrible, unusable work, and failing to even acknowledge it. I want my refund. I wish you would have directed me to purchase through your etsy rather than privately (probably to save on the fees...) then I would have been able to leave a review. or If you had enough pride in your work to leave facebook reviews on I could have sent one there.

The fact of the matter is you refused to communicate with me from the get go. I still have not gotten this.

I cannot express how disappointed I am with you. Not even just as a business owner or as a fellow mer, but as a person. Please learn how to communicate and respect any possible "customers" (Victims)

I still do not, and will not ever recommend Purple Mermaid Studios (Rachael Teelander)

Nobody should ever receive a new tail that's ripping at the seams, has RED paint and dirt splotches, jagged edges, uncentered fluke, or globs of silicone.
    Even worse when the shop (Purple Mermaid Studios) Ignores all this and shifts blame onto an "employee" (which whom I didn't even know exist)

Great work! I love the paint blending on the 5th one!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

I'm such a fan of literally all the tails you've done that have red in them! Definitely a power color ^.^

Sent from my SM-G935P using MerNetwork mobile app
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Great Lakes
    Follow Mermaid Sea-ra On Twitter Add Mermaid Sea-ra on Facebook
    I will make a video and post on my youtube later on. My review so far is this:

The look:

There is stitching that does look loose around it but I noticed early on that it looks like, for extra safety, there is silicone added to the seam lines. Most likely to re-enforce the seams. I did notice on the fluke edges, it's not sewn inward instead it's glued shut or even silicone sealed shut. This leaves a not great black line around the edging but to me, it's not the end of the world. The scales are a little messy. I have worked with silicone like that and it is super sticky. Chances are a stamp was maybe used for the shape. Silicone sticks to it and makes it a little messy.

Comfort:

It is comfortable and warm. I slid right into it. I was unable to actually put my feet into the monofin due to a foot injury. Keeping that small bulge in mind, the lower 1/4 fit great.

Sizing:

I did however have about 3-4 inches one both sides of my hips too big. It was on me bc I have lost a few pounds. Easy fix, I simply folded it down enough to sew that extra material. It fit just fine in my sewing machine. (I WOULD LIKE TO NOTE) I got the same "LOOSE" looking seams when I took in the hips. So it is purely the material and machine. I did contact her and ask what kind of silicone is used so I can go over the new hip seams with silicone. She responded quickly and now I can do that.

Customer service:

The communication was great at first and then I wouldn't hear any news and it bummed me out. I got worried for a short time. I received photos of progress work and I was happy again. When I got the finished photos I was super excited and asked when it would be shipped out. I believe the time from completion to arriving here was almost a month. She did let me know of issues that she had of why she couldn't ship it sooner and I appreciate letting me know. I understand that life gets hard sometimes and things don't go as planned. It is important to let the person know what is going on or let them know that you are experiencing problems. When it was finally shipped it only took 2 days.
    Overall it is the quality and look that I was expecting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi maybe this is the wrong forum to write in but, iam on the list for the dragonskin partial tail but iam gonna need a new invoice on paypal because the old one is gone for some reason and i know she is busy with making tails but my measurements is Done all i need is a new invoice and i can pay for the tail