Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My First Silicon Tail by Mernation!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

My First Silicon Tail by Mernation!

So I got a new job and started saving like crazy and after tomorrow's paycheck I can buy my first silicon tail!!! I am sooooooooo excited!

First off, why I picked Mernation.
    1. The Quality: Their work has been consistently well done for the last year+.
    2. The Review: I have scoured every review and from what I have read almost everyone loves their tails!
    3. The Price: They seem to be the most reliable company that you can get a gorgeous tail but not break the bank.
    4. The Costumer Service: I have been talking to them on and off for months. They always got back to me right away, (the most I ever waited for a response was over night, they got back to me the very next morning, and when they did they apologized for being late to answer, I was asleep sooooo no biggie there hehehe).
    5. They are close: They live near me, which means no shipping charges! LOL
    6. They are fast!: I am 37, I didn't want to wait years to get my tail. I am hoping to start a little business doing birthday parties. They told me it would take 6-10 weeks after the full payment has been made. They even said it might be quicker! If it is that is just a bonus for me hehehe.

will post more in a bit!
    Last edited by Mermaid Lily_Pad; 12-10-2015 at 03:47 PM.

Okay, soooo all that being said, I picked the Khaleesi Fluke because I wanted something big and broad. I would still love to see it out of the water, but I know in the water it looks gorgeous. Since they don't have a tail map for it yet I had to draw my own.

Not sure I know how to post a photo, bare with me while I try and figure it out.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Elodea the Mermaid's Avatar
    Omg congratulations! This is such an exciting step. I love my Mernation tail and I'm sure yours will be amazing. I can't wait to see a tail with the new Khaleesi fluke.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Elodea Nymphaea Waterweed
    of The Sacramento Mermaids

Last edited by Mermaid Lily_Pad; 12-10-2015 at 03:50 PM.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lily_Pad View Post
    Congratulations! Your design is beautiful, I can't wait to see the finished tail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *Previously know as KellyMermaid*

Beautiful colors! Can't wait to see it when it's complete!
    Find me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and my WEBSITE
    Formerly known as Madison Juliette

Senior Member Pod of Cali introverting's Avatar
    Add introverting on Facebook
    Follow introverting on Tumblr Visit introverting's Youtube Channel
    So excited for you!

I got my butt duct taped! I live near Mernation headquarters so they were able to meet me and make the leg mold! The customer service is so awesome, and SO patient.

After talking to quite a few people, I decided to nix the white. White tails are notoriously high maintenance and this being my first tail I decided easier was probably better.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Elodea the Mermaid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lily_Pad View Post
    After talking to quite a few people, I decided to nix the white. White tails are notoriously high maintenance and this being my first tail I decided easier was probably better.

I agree! Even my bright yellow shows dirt right away, tbh. It washes off easy peasy, but it gets a little dusty and grungy during events in a way that my mersister's red Mernation tail does not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Elodea Nymphaea Waterweed
    of The Sacramento Mermaids

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    The belly of my tail is white and I have had no issues

They said small areas of white are easier to maintain but all white, especially on the bottom and sides are tough.

Omg! After sending like a million texts back and forth about the colors, color design, heel fin shape, she sent me a sketch!!! Omg it's gorgeous!!! She nailed my ideas perfectly and I am going to get a top too! I'm so thrilled! Did I mention their customer service rocks?

omg i wanna see the design!!!

I would totally post the colored up sketch but it's rough. I may do a picture progression when I start receiving them which should be this weekend! Can you believe it? My husband encouraged me to go for it and get a tail like, a week ago! I drew up a sketch, contacted Mernation and started the process that day and they are already starting to paint! Holy cow! Not to mention the fact that they constantly text me for opinions, or to give examples or pictures. They gave been SO patient, understanding and encouraging. The freedom of it all has actually gotten me flustered LOL. I thought I would just tell them which fluke, scales, and top I wanted and the colors and they would make it, kind of like a factory but instead I have gotten suggestions, been asked For opinions and gotten to pick little things I never even thought of, like the heel fins. I thought there was just one type, but they pretty much said "tell me what you want them to look like". I actually loved a set they had on another tail I saw so I asked For those.

This is has been SO much fun!

So excited to see it finished. The design so far looks great. And I agree, MerNation's customer service is amazing - even if you're just asking them some questions.
    Mermaids - not so graceful on land...
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Progress Pictures!!! The first is a rough sketch to figure out the colors. The dress form is insanely small which is why the top looks big in the front. It will be smooth when on.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    Oh beautiful Lily-Pad. Those colors will look amazing in the waer.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Are the colors going to be metallic or no? I like how the colors are shaded, hopefully we'll get to see that dimension come to life once it's painted I noticed you added some turquoise/green, that's gonna look so pretty blended together!