Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Viking mers?

Any Viking mers?

Mers which are strong and don't mind the cold, love adventure, prey to Norse gods, feels it's okay to cut off you husband's junk if he is unfaithful (Viking women really did do this, plus they hung it up outside their house. Did I say that I'm a history nerd?), you think that light elves are dangerous and so on and so on.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to be Scandinavian to be a Viking (English and Irish people have been found to be Vikings, Thorfinn and Leif Erickson had a 'friend' who was English).

So all my Viking mers, come to me and we shall dine as if we were in Valhalla!

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    We have several mers of that kind floating around

Myself, I have a scandinavian ancestor and speak a tiny lil' bit of Danish and Icelandic.
    Wanted to live in Norway or Iceland when I was younger, but the whale hunting (and absence of trees on Iceland, I love forests) put me off.
    And not to forget, I got an illness along the way that makes cold unbearable
    But before that happened, I didn't mind the cold at all.

I love scandinavian landscapes, mentality and music at any rate!

Meeeee!

I love swimming in cold water! I'm also 1/4 Danish, and I drink mead like there's no tomorrow Plus I would totally cut off my husband's junk and hang it on my door if he was ever unfaithful (not that I think he would be, but still).

Tropical Creole mer here, but I adore Viking lore. Totally listening in here!!

Being prey to anything doesn't sound fun at all.
    I'm just joking around though. I'd love to see a viking themed shoot - you could get super creative with that.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Oh man, I never thought about this but now that you say it, I'm so into it! I agree with Spindrift, a viking photo shoot would be epic.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    My merwrangler is Norse

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

My mersona is sort of Caribbean tropical mer, but my maternal great grandparents immigrated from Denmark and Sweden!
    Mermaid Enora

I could do a viking photo shoot if you like, I have a LARP called Rise of Ragnarok and as you can guess, it's viking themed. I am playing the leader of the ice giants for that.

I'm moving to Norway and Denmark to get my masters in Vikings and Medieval Scandinavia.

Also I made a typo in my thing above (I was writing very fast as the data was going to get turned off) and it's meant to be *pray not prey. Sorry about that.

We should have a pod for this.

Also, go listen to Herr Olof by Garmarna, it's about a mermaid and it's it's Viking/fold rockish.

And that's all I have to say for now.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    My merwrangler is Norse

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    I have links to some rus pants, tunic and leg wraps if you are up to making him look like a viking.

Hmm, I kinda could fit in this category I live in Finnish lapland on top of the arctic circle and I love Scandinavian mythology, have done winter photoshoots and I'm planning to do some ice swimming in my tail in future, if I have the guts I still think I like feminine characters a bit more though, but Vikings did have f.ex. a goddess like Freya in their stories too
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

I love Finland! My best friend lives there.

Women were held pretty high in ranks. Volva (I can't spell it right so I'm really sorry) were like viking witches and were held in great honor.

Wasn't there a Freya or Freja on here for a while?

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Seraphina Suds; 12-22-2015 at 11:55 PM.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    and now I must listen to Wardruna

(Formerly known as Æolius)

Junior Member North Pacific Pod
    I'm not Scandinavian (that I know of, would have to do some digging to find out) but I was in the SCA when I was younger. Haven't been to an event in 8 years, though I do still love the mythology and the history.

Edit: I'm a huge cold-water fan, which is surprising to a lot of folks. It's impossible to avoid the cold water when you live in my area, so I'm pretty used to it and plus, I tend to get hot really easily when I'm underwater for some reason.
    Last edited by Mermaid Whitney; 12-23-2015 at 02:22 AM.
    "Take me above your light,
    Carry me through the night.
    Hold me secure in flight,
    Sing me to sleep tonight."
    ~Hello Seattle by Owl City

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Ay that's me! The human Wesley is into Norse mythos. I'm descended from Scandinavian tribes as well! My genealogy charts actually have me related to Njord! Meaning some ancient king claimed divine lineage and that's the data we have! So good old grandpa Njord would say I fit very well into this thread! I've never had mead and would love to taste some at some point, but I refuse to get in cold water. I'm also Mexican lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rivermermaid View Post
    I love Finland! My best friend lives there.

Women were held pretty high in ranks. Volva (I can't spell it right so I'm really sorry) were like viking witches and were held in great honor.
    Wow, cool, were here?

And yup that's one of the things I like too, it's also awesome that women were appreciated as much as f.ex. strong companions on war as gender mother-figures at home
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    Being prey to anything doesn't sound fun at all.
    I'm just joking around though. I'd love to see a viking themed shoot - you could get super creative with that.
    *Squeals from miles away* I've done this! Sorta. My mom's friend is HUGE into themed photoshoots, she just did a whole bunch of disney princess shoots not too long ago (I was Esmeralda from hunchback) We went on a trip with her and a couple of friends in March and during it did a Viking inspired shoot!

This is the group shot (I'm in the blue fleece)
    Name:  10402404_10206505953991484_8983072817058546114_n.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  66.9 KB

And this is the badass shot I did with my mother.
    Name:  11102702_10206505935871031_5050731610004364013_n.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  39.8 KB

Part of me wants to get a print of it and hang it above the fireplace so people are intimidated when they come to our house.

Follow Mermaid Muirin On Twitter Add Mermaid Muirin on Facebook Add Mermaid Muirin on Google+
    I have a bit of trouble with cold water, but I love Viking mythology/history. A Viking themed shoot would be awesome!