Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any larping mers?

Agreed I would love to hear more about LARPing. Every now and then I look into LARPing, but I'm not exactly sure what LARP would be right for me. I know I don't like the boffer kind where the weapons are just pieces of foam and people don't put much effort into dressing up, etc. I like the ones with the more realistic looking weapons where people also dress up and get into character. I like the looks of the fantasy LARPs and I love the idea of fighting (with fake weapons). Evidently we have a few guys here locally involved in legit fighting with dulled swords and heavy armor. I'm not that serious about fighting though, and read that one of the local fighters has broken someone's arm before when fighting them. I'm not out to break anything, but I do want to have a chance to be a little wild.

As far as getting to be a mermaid, I'm not sure how all LARPs go, but I have noticed from watching videos of some of the larger LARP gatherings that you have some 'down time' where people just wander around, sing songs, buy stuff, visit taverns, etc. During that time you could get into character as a mermaid. Maybe the lucky village mermaid or something.

Anyways, here is a video I like of a girl documenting her Voyage North - to Bicolline (Week long LARP event):
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid_Rain's Avatar
    Add Mermaid_Rain on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid_Rain's Youtube Channel
    I'm a LARP Mermaid! Amtgard, specifically. Ours is a weekly foam-combat system, but has a big arting & roleplay community. I get to be a mermaid every single weekend if I want, be it an NPC, fighting monster (mermaids get their own special stats!), or just sitting around under the pavillion while I work on my garb (outfit and accessories).

After a long absence on the Mernetwork I return! And I resurrect this post with me!

I've been attending New World Magischola, NWM: Yule, and most recently Imperial Magischola, all of which are based around the idea of a wizard college in North America and the history, politics, and legends thereof. I've yet to larp as a mermaid or merman yet but Yule has frequently had the Ohio Mermaids as mermaid NPCs and the first yule event I went to I did turn into an octopus. I'm considering going as a merman drone this year. I have gone as a nagual (animal shapeshifter) cryptozoologist in House Croatan, a Lakay Laveau chaos theory elementalist artificier, a Maison DuBois first year Marshal student who is actually a 317 year old vampire undercover secret agent, and an Unsoiled Ptolemy Court cartomancer from New Orleans.

I've also been to a couple of vampire larps and a short larp called Be Not Afraid where I played Uriel, Angel of the Sun, Chief of the Virtues, Sage of Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained! View Post
    After a long absence on the Mernetwork I return! And I resurrect this post with me!

I've been attending New World Magischola, NWM: Yule, and most recently Imperial Magischola, all of which are based around the idea of a wizard college in North America and the history, politics, and legends thereof. I've yet to larp as a mermaid or merman yet but Yule has frequently had the Ohio Mermaids as mermaid NPCs and the first yule event I went to I did turn into an octopus. I'm considering going as a merman drone this year. I have gone as a nagual (animal shapeshifter) cryptozoologist in House Croatan, a Lakay Laveau chaos theory elementalist artificier, a Maison DuBois first year Marshal student who is actually a 317 year old vampire undercover secret agent, and an Unsoiled Ptolemy Court cartomancer from New Orleans.

I've also been to a couple of vampire larps and a short larp called Be Not Afraid where I played Uriel, Angel of the Sun, Chief of the Virtues, Sage of Life.
    "A Unsoiled Ptolemy Court cartomancer from New Orleans" �������� Rolling on the floor laughing my Fins off!!!! You have GOT to come to the Louisiana Ren Faire one year! I MUST SEE THAT !!!

Mermoviemedic, here is D'Artagnan Bellevue, Tarot Card-student of a school court that prides itself both on looking to the past and in developing new methods of magic, coming from an old New Orleans family of magi, and torn between family concerns and a generous desire to help others, including non-magical "Mundanes."

https://zenfolio.page.link/Lxmqu
    https://zenfolio.page.link/YhpxZ
    https://zenfolio.page.link/HU6RK
    https://zenfolio.page.link/8rg7N

Senior Member Pod of The South MidsummerMermaid's Avatar
    I'm a Larping mermaid in Tampa, Florida I usually do bows cause I can't melee or spell-packet to save my life.
    ***** I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living *****