Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any larping mers?

Any larping mers?

Hey there kelby here, really excited to larping for the first time! I'm actually gonna be a mermaid npc (waypoint larp for all you mitten state mers) during the summer season, I get to use a lake n everything

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk
    When you feel totally alone, you either stay at the shore line.
    Or you dive deep into the depths of the ocean and find what you're made of.
    -unknown

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I larp too

I've been a mermaid twice when I was NPC in our group, once with a pirate special and once in an elven forest where I was a guardian of the lake there.
    Now I'm a player where I'm an enhanced human with dog ears, tail and better sense of smell and better hearing.
    I just hate playing human because I'm a human my whole life and in the game all the elves are hunted to near extinction, so the DM made a special character for me
    Your imagination is your only limit

wow that sounds really really cool! O30
    there are a few of them i wanna do, i would like to do a deer girl for a larp i have actual antlers i put on a headband and coated in leaves and stuff and they are super light weight, i also have a faux fur faun corset top i wanna get into when i lose weight seeing as it is beautifull <3
    -unknown

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    You can larp as mermaids?? Are you actually in your tail, in the water when you do that?

I've never participated in larping — well, not unless semi-organized quests in a detailed fantasy universe between three kids count. It's definitely on my wishlist (along with tabletop D&D), but it's not something people do where I live. Not that I know of, anyway. Still, if I ever get the chance I'd sign up in a heartbeat!

I've played a faun too, with digitigrade legs, it got pretty heavy with all the running :P

Here I don't have my horns yet, but this is what I looked like:

PetLoverSpy: yes! I do get to swim around in my tail, and sing on rocks and tell riddles and stuff to the pc's. All I did was went to michigan larp player group and send a ad/ announcement that if they needed a mer for a npc I was around and a larp group's GM contacted me. So if your looking for larps to go to deary I suggest searching in fb "(your state) larp/ larp players" or go to larping.com and search your state for some. If you find some contact them and just ask if they would like a mer npc! If you need me to explain the difference between a pc and npc let me know or any info let me know!

Azurin Luna: the one I plan on going to have fauns I think but also faerie types but I would use it for maybe a nixie, I love your costume its sick! Like wow amazing! are those wrappings on the hoof part?

-unknown

Kelby that sounds like so much fun! Unfortunately I don't live in the States — I live on a tiny island. I travel quite a bit though, so if they accept foreigners there's hope for me yet :P And an NPC in larping is a mostly static character who helps/hinders the PCs on their quest, right?

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    aaaarrr, I love LARP!

Being a mer npc, that is so awesome!
    I'm sure any high fantasy group would appreciate that.
    (Would get very cold in a non-tropical country after a while, though xD )

I've looked a bit around here, but there are mostly low-fantasy and realistic medieval groups.
    Not to mention my preferred character (Echidna as a half-snake with a longbow) would be very awkward to play and get around outside of water lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PetLoverSpy View Post
    Kelby that sounds like so much fun! Unfortunately I don't live in the States — I live on a tiny island. I travel quite a bit though, so if they accept foreigners there's hope for me yet And an NPC in larping is a mostly static character who helps/hinders the PCs on their quest, right?
    Oh that sucks! I mean living on an usland must be nice though!
    Most larps accept anyone so being out out of country doesn't really natter I think. And usually ur first larp with any group is free!

-unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    aaaarrr, I love LARP!

Being a mer npc, that is so awesome!
    I'm sure any high fantasy group would appreciate that.
    (Would get very cold in a non-tropical country after a while, though xD )

I've looked a bit around here, but there are mostly low-fantasy and realistic medieval groups.
    Not to mention my preferred character (Echidna as a half-snake with a longbow) would be very awkward to play and get around outside of water lol.
    Haha yes msot larps in MI are summer based high fantasy so people kinda were tweaking out about a mer npc being available hahaha

Yea that would ve extremely difficult which btw love the name!

-unknown

Pod of The South

My husband and I actually just finished running our first season of our new chapter, Al'se'war.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Kelby: Thanks for the info! I'll definitely be looking into larp groups next time I travel!

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireKat View Post
    My husband and I actually just finished running our first season of our new chapter, Al'se'war.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
    Wow congratulations! I hope you guys had a great timw GMing!

Sent from my shellphone
    -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by PetLoverSpy View Post
    Kelby: Thanks for the info! I'll definitely be looking into larp groups next time I travel!
    No problem deary! Have fun!

Sent from my shellphone
    -unknown

Haha of course I got into larping right before the off season! Went to NPC to see what it was all about and now I'm working on a character for when they start up again in Feb.

I was thinking of doing a water based cleric and I'm planning to make scaled armor hat's decorated with with sea shells. Would be fun to NPC as a mermaid once I get a tail.

Nice to meet another Michigander, by the way, Kelby!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh I know right? Same here I was gonna go to one durin the summer but it was bad weather n I was sick. Oh snap that sounds AWESOME love the armor idea.

Another mitten mer?! Sweet! What part of the state are you from? I'm like halfway between grand rapids n lansing

Sent from my shellphone
    -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Kelby The Mermaid View Post
    Oh I know right? Same here I was gonna go to one durin the summer but it was bad weather n I was sick. Oh snap that sounds AWESOME love the armor idea.

Another mitten mer?! Sweet! What part of the state are you from? I'm like halfway between grand rapids n lansing

Sent from my shellphone
    Thanks, I'm near Ann Arbor! I don't get a chance to be in the grand Rapids area much but I hear it's got some really cool places.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh yea its really cool. I got to the jackson Megacon its great.

Sent from my shellphone
    -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Kelby The Mermaid View Post
    PetLoverSpy: yes! I do get to swim around in my tail, and sing on rocks and tell riddles and stuff to the pc's. All I did was went to michigan larp player group and send a ad/ announcement that if they needed a mer for a npc I was around and a larp group's GM contacted me. So if your looking for larps to go to deary I suggest searching in fb "(your state) larp/ larp players" or go to larping.com and search your state for some. If you find some contact them and just ask if they would like a mer npc! If you need me to explain the difference between a pc and npc let me know or any info let me know!

Azurin Luna: the one I plan on going to have fauns I think but also faerie types but I would use it for maybe a nixie, I love your costume its sick! Like wow amazing! are those wrappings on the hoof part?

Thank you
    No, it's fur all the way to the hoofs, you can see it here better. This is the rest of the suit, when I use it for fursuiting.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    That sounds like way too much fun tbh. I wish I weren't so shy with trying new things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk