Thread: Mermaid classes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Pretty sure you need some kind of swimming and training qualifications to be able to teach. You can't just get up one day and say, "I am going open a mermaid school today at the pool"

Am also sure that Raina already covered some points on what and how to get the qualifications.

Though for some, its just easier to learn it off youtube. I know I did!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Pretty sure you need some kind of swimming and training qualifications to be able to teach. You can't just get up one day and say, "I am going open a mermaid school today at the pool"

Am also sure that Raina already covered some points on what and how to get the qualifications.

I 100% agree. I think it's very important for Mermaids wanting to start a school to do their research first and ensure that their business is run as professionally as possible, especially with regard to concern for safety. if someone drowns at a Mermaid school or there is a negative publicity that could be quite bad. As Raina has said it may only take one Mermaid to do the wrong thing to ruin it for others. Not saying that to scare anyone but just that it is important to maintain a good reputation for Mermaid schools for people to respect them.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Member formerly known as leomar

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post

Th first step is lifeguard certification which is usually offered at least at a discount rough local government swimming facilities and then looking into swim teacher certification.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyOfGailous View Post
    Th first step is lifeguard certification which is usually offered at least at a discount rough local government swimming facilities and then looking into swim teacher certification.
    Here in austria it works exactly this way too. This are the austrian requirements (german): http://www.schwimmabzeichen.at/de/re.../schwimmlehrer
    Schwimmlehrer (swim teacher) requires Retterschein (lifeguard certification) which requires Helferschein (another lifeguard certification).

Quote Originally Posted by fabianfrz View Post
    Here in austria it works exactly this way too. This are the austrian requirements (german): http://www.schwimmabzeichen.at/de/re.../schwimmlehrer
    Schwimmlehrer (swim teacher) requires Retterschein (lifeguard certification) which requires Helferschein (another lifeguard certification).
    That's really cool!

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk