Thread: Mermaid meet up in Huntington Beach

Junior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Kim's Avatar

Mermaid meet up in Huntington Beach

Does anyone know the mermaids that met up today in HB? Southside of the pier? I did not see a posting here. Just curious 🐬💕
    Mermaid Kim
    aka Mermaid Flower "duh I'm a Floral Designer"
    aka MerFlower "love the for Short Version"
    aka Mom every day 24/7 "Love my Family" and my MerFamily too!

Yes they had been planning it on the Facebook page was super disappointed I couldn't make it this time!
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    And, as it was on FB, and I have no desire to maintain a FB account, I never found out where or when.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Junior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Kim's Avatar
    Hello Mermaid Siernia,
    Is there a link to the Facebook Page? Sorry I'm a new Mer here (: Would love to swim out with some MerFriends in HB as soon as my Silicone Tail is complete! I have 3 Spandex Tails to swim in and a Neoprene I am finishing painting..our water is a little chilly here... brrrr brrrr
    Mermaid Kim
    aka Mermaid Flower "duh I'm a Floral Designer"
    aka MerFlower "love the for Short Version"
    aka Mom every day 24/7 "Love my Family" and my MerFamily too!

Kim, the link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/271568969577492/

Storm, I wouldn't mind updating the Pod of Cali group here on meetups posted to the Facebook group. However,my concern is that plans are made within that closed group versus the public pages of Mernetwork for privacy reasons. I haven't seen anyone mention that, just guessing that might be the reason.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calizaire View Post
    Storm, I wouldn't mind updating the Pod of Cali group here on meetups posted to the Facebook group. However,my concern is that plans are made within that closed group versus the public pages of Mernetwork for privacy reasons. I haven't seen anyone mention that, just guessing that might be the reason.
    I gave my contact info to Malinghi, but he never actually contacted me. Would it be reasonable for you to have it too?
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    I gave my contact info to Malinghi, but he never actually contacted me. Would it be reasonable for you to have it too?
    I JUST brought up this issue on the Pod page. I am happy to update you on upcoming SoCA meet ups and events! Send me a private message so I can find you again and anytime something comes up I'll send you a private message here to let you know! That sound like a solution?

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    There are actually more mers active on the fb page than here! (At least in California) and the events system on Facebook is so convenient and user friendly that it's become much easier to work on this stuff from Facebook. I agree that we should share info to here as well. It would be challenging though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    As Wesly said, we do more talking on Facebook than on here for meetups.
    It isn't that we don't love this site- its where we all have originally met thought. The reason it seems that face book is what we use because information gets shared much more quickly and directly to those in the group. Rather than we try and find that one tread that someone posted a while ago on the forum. If you want to join the FB group it's no problem. Yes the group is 'closed' but you can ask to join no problem.
    It is closed for privacy reasons and just to keep us all safe <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    There are actually more mers active on the fb page than here! (At least in California) and the events system on Facebook is so convenient and user friendly that it's become much easier to work on this stuff from Facebook. I agree that we should share info to here as well. It would be challenging though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If there's a way to make a private group on MerNetwork here not visable to the public without an account, I will do that and run info about meetups there. Until then, I'm utilizing the "Closed Group" function on facebook to safely share phone numbers, addresses, and meetup times within the group and members of the pod.
    -Anita
    I'm a smol freckled selkie living on the Golden Coast of California, eager to play with other mermaids and collaborate on epic events. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    I've done a crap job of updating you, sorry. The platform just involves a lot of evolving plans...It's a closed group, you could get a FB account and only use it there?