Thread: Photo Shop question.

Photo Shop question.

I know that somewhere on Mernetwork, someone posted a link to get Photoshop for free. I was wondering if anyone else knew of a newer version or had a SAFE link to Photoshop. I plan on buying a newer version later on, but I need to get myself acquainted with it first. Hence why I would like the free version first to make sure that I'm not wasting my time when I buy it.

Or if anyone has a different suggestion for photo editing software, I am all ears. Right now I work with picasa on some images. But I am getting more into photography and going to be doing four boudoir shoots for some friends here soon. So i need an editing software that I feel comfortable with but has more options than Picasa.

Thanks so much my mer friends and photographers. I hope I get some answers.

Hi Mer_Adella I have used this link for years, its easy fast and free and most of all safe link. You can also used Gimp software download it once and its free/safe let me know if you have any questions btw love your red tail https://pixlr.com/editor/

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    www.ipiccy.com is great. you can get the free photoshop right off their website, there's an online version. you just need to create an account. gimp is also an adobe knock off for free that is great

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Gimp is free (or at least mine was) but its a little confusing and not very beginner friendly. I had to look at a LOT of online video tutorials before I could do anything. I havent worked with photoshop itself, so I cant comment about it.
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

I need something that I cwn download onto my computer itself. Being a photographer I won't always have access to Internet just to edit an image.

Ok so Gimp is perfect for online and offline as well

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    www.ipiccy.com is great. you can get the free photoshop right off their website, there's an online version. you just need to create an account. gimp is also an adobe knock off for free that is great

So so is there something you can download for offline use?

Hi Mer_Adella yes there is, i downloaded the Gimp there have been times i have had no online service, so i made sure i was able to continue to do my artwork while offline

Adobe released Photoshop CS2 for free. it's kind of old, but would probably work just fine.

How to download it legally from Adobe themselves: http://www.redmondpie.com/download-a...you-still-can/

Do a Google search for Picasa. It is freeware from Google, and works well for digital photo editing.

Last I looked adobe took down the free PS link so it was only available for a while. I highly recommend paint.net it's downloadable, easy to use , and you can download plugins that fit your needs (I basically downloaded plugins to make mine exactly like Ps and make it easy to create graphics)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have picasa and like it BUT i need something like Photoshop or actual Photoshop for my photography business I am starting. So that is what I am most interested in. Sucks that the link may not work for CS2 I can't afford PS or LR at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by exdraghunt View Post
    Adobe released Photoshop CS2 for free. it's kind of old, but would probably work just fine.

How to download it legally from Adobe themselves: http://www.redmondpie.com/download-a...you-still-can/
    Just so everyone knows this link and everything is still good. IT still works! finally I can re-familiarize myself with PS and eventually upgrade to the newest version! Thank you everyone!

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Does this work for Mac? I can't seem to figure it out,

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clarity's Avatar

Follow Mermaid Clarity on Tumblr
    Theres no reason it shouldn't. Make sure the download doesn't ask you to choose between iOS and PC.

Formerly known as Selkish

Follow MerChemi on Tumblr
    I'm pretty sure you can download free trials for Photoshop cc and photoshop elements 14 from the adobe website. So it's definitely safe and legal too.
    otherwise, I'd recommend GIMP although it does take some getting used to.