Thread: Advice about tail weight

Advice about tail weight

So I'm not sure if this is the right thread. but here goes. lol. So I'm a curvy merlady. and that has raised concerns about whither or not i should get a full silicone tail or not. i would love to get one but i keep wondering if the added weight would make it hard to move in. i plan on getting a wheel chair. but at the same time. if i take it in the water, and something happens, would it be too much to get me out? i'm trying to get advice on if i should just go with a hybrid tail or if getting a full silicone tail would be alright. i want to know before i commit
    <iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/xThuW1eGfUur5t9ug0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>via GIPHY

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Do you mean the weight of the extra silicone? In the water it does not sink, it's slightly buoyant, but it will be heavy out of water. That's a fairly common problem though. There are lots of mers who have very heavy tails and so long as they are supervised while swimming and follow all those good rules about swimming safely a little extra silicone weight is not that big of a deal in my book. It's up to you, it is a safely risk, but so is all Mermaiding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    Do you mean the weight of the extra silicone? In the water it does not sink, it's slightly buoyant, but it will be heavy out of water. That's a fairly common problem though. There are lots of mers who have very heavy tails and so long as they are supervised while swimming and follow all those good rules about swimming safely a little extra silicone weight is not that big of a deal in my book. It's up to you, it is a safely risk, but so is all Mermaiding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks so much i was worried that my own weight plus the weight of a silicone tail would be too much

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk
    <iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/xThuW1eGfUur5t9ug0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>via GIPHY

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    silicone tails and generally heavy on land, but the heavier they are on land the more they float in the water

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    silicone tails and generally heavy on land, but the heavier they are on land the more they float in the water
    Thank you!

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk