Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone actually WATCHED this video before ??

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Ok so I can understand the strength training bit but what I'm concerned about is the fact that there is no instruction on how to carry those things properly. Tails are awkward to carry and I would be worried about damaging the tail by just having a new person pick it up and carry it. Not to mention that it does seem excessive. 10 laps would be plenty. I also have a bad back and carrying silicone tails ANY way for that long would definitely hurt me. I'm a bit annoyed that she insinuates that you can't be pro if you have physical limitations that keep you from doing strenuous lifting. Like what the hell have I been doing the past 3 years then? I can't lift heavy silicone tails for more than a few minutes and somehow I manage just fine as a mermaid. I think that some actual training in how to lift and carry heavy items by someone with qualifications would be much more reasonable. Otherwise is Melissa going to pay for my physical therapy or spinal surgery?

Ok I'm done grumping. I just don't think this is a helpful activity for a pro mer.

On a side note: I'm in physical therapy now! We are working towards getting me swimming laps again without pain. *fingers crossed*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Melusine View Post
    We're just a bunch of dorks with fish butts trying to have a good time geeking out with the same shared enthusiasm.

Attachment 35332
    THIS is my favorite thing I've read all day!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    My doctor said to minimize the stuff we carry and lift, that's why we got the dollie, that's why we have the wheel chair. It's safer long term. And if you want to be strong for swimming there are safer and more accurate ways of doing it

wait how heavy are they my latex tail is 6.8 lbs with monofin

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    A silicone tail runs 30 pounds.
    For someone who knows: Is it possible to put a silicone tail in a backpack? I'm thinking something large, like used for backpacking trips, and using whatever fill may be needed to prevent creases. The fluke would have to be sticking out, behind your head, with the body in the pack.
    Last edited by Merman Storm; 01-28-2016 at 08:43 PM.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

my tail is to big for backpack wow didn't know how heavy they are wonder if it makes it easer to swim with or harder

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Our silicone tails are as light at 9lbs ( my mini splash) and as heavy as 50 ( she creature) ( the Jessie tail was almost 60)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

My latex tail is almost 30. I had to custom-make a backpack for it, but I wouldn't want to carry it overly far that way. I had to carry my tail a half mile through the woods to a swimming spot, and that was quite far enough.

My next generation I was thinking have both laytex and silcone anyone from Chicago area with silcone tail?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    I know Merely had a back pack like bag when she visited. It was a bag for monofins but she managed to fit her tail in alright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melissa's tails supposedly range from 40-60lbs
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    My tails are under 30lbs. I can carry mine in a big Ikea bag, but the straps hurt like Hell. I'm developing a bag to transport it, but I'm not quite there, yet.

If these people want to work for Melissa, this might be an insight into what you could be getting yourself into, even if the boot camp video is contrived and all for "show".

Start your own mermaid company. Plenty of work out there for people who behave like professionals rather than egomaniacal divas.

Alot of tails are so nice didn't know what they weighed

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    ^that

Doesn't look fun to me. When mermaiding doesn't equal fun I am out.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

I wonder if she's trying to make a pilot for the Travel Channel. "Tonight on Mermaid Wars, the recruits handle their biggest party yet! And one of the merfolk might not make it out! *Splash! Child screaming. Logo pops on the screen with a thud*"

Quote Originally Posted by DexRicon View Post
    I wonder if she's trying to make a pilot for the Travel Channel. "Tonight on Mermaid Wars, the recruits handle their biggest party yet! And one of the merfolk might not make it out! *Splash! Child screaming. Logo pops on the screen with a thud*"
    Hahaaaaa!!!
    Or maybe a merfolk edition of The Apprentice? Mermaids and Mermen all gathered around a board room table, mermaid shouts, "YOU'RE FIRED!!"

Maybe mermaid drop outs who will drop out tonight lol

Senior Member Pod of Cali RomanLaveau's Avatar
    Add RomanLaveau on Facebook
    This was not as bad as y'all made it seem! She runs a company and has certain standards that she expects her staff to be; pointless or not, she wants what she wants. When I'm teaching at the Academy and my dance students are taking too long, HELL YEA I'm gonna tell them they need to hurry up and that they are taking too long lol tbh this video was talking about what it takes to be apart of her company from what I saw, I completely agree with the comment that "if you think being a pro mermaid is easy...then you haven't earned the title "pro"...could not have worded that better myself! Because it's not easy and shouldn't be taken as something that is, if you want to be recognized at a high caliber. If this was aimed at kids and kids want to be a pro anything, they have to work for it. I didn't get a contract with CTG Agency (A top Agency in the US) because it was easy or was told that it was easy. It was hard as hell and I'm glad I was told that from a young age or I would not be where I am. Might not like it but it is what it is; However the whole betraying Raina is sad and sorry on Melissa's part!
    Something Wicked this way comes...