Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Has anyone actually WATCHED this video before ??

Hey thank you AniaR I did go back and look I was a bit wrong and happy about that but I have two issues still mermaids and mermaiding is to be fun and enjoyable. The number one thing is to make sure people can swim. The second take a coarse on skin diving or scuba to learn basic dive rules. Then get them in the water your weight will be different in the water then the land. Everyone let me know if you think I am thinking right on this.

thanks

merstorm

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I think it isn't always necessary to take a scuba course . not everyone is going to need skills like that, we aren't all free diving to crazy depths. I think if that's your plan then yes. But don't limit your scope to one rarely done aspect. There's only a handful of mers I know who truley free dive.

For us in Canada we have no reason to go beyond 12-15 ft ever. Our ocean is too cold. No great filming down deep here lol.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Scuba and mermaiding (or freediving) are very different, and one is not needed for the other.

It can be helpful in a variety of circumstances, most of which will not apply to the average mer.
    Examples:
    long underwater times for modelling, shooting etc, making helping divers, pony tanks and such a necessity;
    working at a facility that requires everyone to have a scuba certificate just in case;
    working in an environment that uses breathing devices underwater, like Weeki Wachee.

Manoeuvering and adjusting weight/buoyancy is completely different for scuba and freediving, so knowing how to do one won't help you do the other better.

Thanks for the great advice I want to learn as much as I can tomorrow my tail will start to be ready

The study we're doing currently is actually investigating safe weighting techniques for tail swimming It'll be interesting to see what it finds.

Does the weight of the tail help?

with silicone, heavier on land = more floaty in water.

Ah OK didn't know that thanks