Thread: Grand Canyon University[emoji1591]

Member North Pacific Pod Aubrey's Avatar

Grand Canyon University

Does anyone happen to live around or go to school here? I got accepted last week and am scheduling my classes next week! Moving from Eastern Washington to Phoenix will be weird, but it'd be so cool if there were other mers (or anyone cool I'm not picky) down there to have coffee and chats with or even a swim! I'll be down in April for dance team tryouts, and I'll move down late August so I'd definitely love if I had someone to travel to water with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be single, but my pirouettes aren't.

There's a lot of mers in AZ we have a facebook group too for the pod. Are you going to the PHX GCU campus? because I thought GCU was in Northern AZ?

I don't think GCU has any other campus but the Phoenix one, I know there's Northern Arizona University, but I actually haven't looked into it, I'm like 80% sure they only have one campus and online Could I join the Facebook group although I'm not already down there?

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    I don't think GCU has any other campus but the Phoenix one, I know there's Northern Arizona University, but I actually haven't looked into it, I'm like 80% sure they only have one campus and online Could I join the Facebook group although I'm not already down there?

Why the heck is it called Grand Canyon university when it's no where near the grand canyon! lol.
    And of course! I'm too lazy to get the link right now but it's somewhere in the pods section of the forum.

I'm not really sure I just know they have the nicest campus and will give me a lot of scholarships.
    I'll find it!

Awesome thanks!

Hey! I just wanted to say hello(: I live about 10 mins north of GCU and would love to meet up for coffee when you move down!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    Why the heck is it called Grand Canyon university when it's no where near the grand canyon! lol.
    Because Arizona is "The Grand Canyon State".
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Didn't realize any other mers went to GCU! We should meet up on campus next semester!

It used to be up there near the Grand Canyon but it got so big they had to move it down to Phoenix

I'm around the Phoenix area!! In fact, my cousin used to attend GCU on a basketball scholarship!

I am personally attending ASU on the temperature campus but it's close enough to Phoenix, right? It would be great to finally meet another mer from our pod!