Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fin Fun Needs To Get Neoprene/ Full Silicone Tails

Member Pod of New England Raquel Skellington's Avatar
    Add Raquel Skellington on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    I think it may be due to the risk of people not paying and potentially wasting their time. For example a tail maker may state that they won't start your tail until the thing is completely paid off. But by doing that they then have to sit their waiting, holding a spot for someone who may take forever to pay (if at all because not all clients are wonderful like you (no sarcasm I promise)) when they could have already received full payment and be working on someone else's tail.

I think the main thing is that the big names are so big they can afford to be picky and demanding with their clients

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aww thank you That I understand if they are a bigger maker, but I've had pretty new makers tell me no, even if I told them I could in 3 payments or less! Which I think is a bit weird, but no harm.
    I totally understand that there are awful people that can't keep to their word! Sucks they ruin it for everyone else!!!
    I think it just worked out for me because Fifi is booked till march and I have till then to pay it of which im already halfway past. I just think that more makers should offer it! I know pearlie does and i think that rocks I just couldn't wait a year, I need my tail by August.

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    It's quite Ironic that every celebrity I have seen who probably own several Ferraris have all been spotted wearing fin fun Mermaid tails!
    User formerly known as "Samantha".

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Siren View Post
    It's quite Ironic that every celebrity I have seen who probably own several Ferraris have all been spotted wearing fin fun Mermaid tails!
    I was just thinking this last night!
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Cuz they all want it for a quick photo op or fun. They aren't out to be pros. Makes no sense to order silicone!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MermaidSabrina's Avatar
    Add MermaidSabrina on Facebook
    Yeah,I definitely agree with Raina,Unless you are like a Kardashian or someone who can make that much money in a matter of a day,However even if you are,Its still just not Practical.Fin-Fun is quick,inexpensive and good to lounge around and have fun in.

In my opinion on the topic at hand,I believe there are a few other factors in why they don't make these higher end tails.The first being age demographic,I'm NOT saying everyone who buys one is a kid,but the main age demographic for these tails is quite young.The idea of Parents wanting to spend this much money on a silicone/neoprene tail would not be appealing and wouldn't sell as well,If ever even having any sales at all!Another factor would be lack of consumer knowledge and safety concerns.Fin-Fun has dealt with a bit of backlash due to safety concerns in recent times,Mainly due to parents thinking its "unsafe" or "a drowning hazard" even with the safety mechanisms the tails provide.

Although I was only thirteen when I started saving for my silicone tail,I cannot think of a single child younger than I was at that point,(im 16 now btw,stopped growing at 14) that could handle something more than a fabric tail,and some kids cant even handle that (yet again I don't know many young kids,but still)Along with the concern of lousy parenting and rough use of what is most likely their first tail,it could be quite dangerous.For example a while back a video went viral of a girl in a tail in a pool,with her mother in the Background saying "do a flip!" and the child proceeds to struggle.Although the little girl was okay in the end,The parents of the internet got upset about it,even with safety mechanics built in.Things like this if they were to sell Neoprene/silicone tails , could end a LOT worse,as they would be unable to have these safety features.

Even some professionals I know and have read about NEVER swim in their silicone tails alone,even as a professional.Imagine a parent thinking it would be okay to walk away from a kid wearing a tail that heavy for a while.The child could get tired and not be able to get out,try to do a trick,or swim to the bottom of the pool,and not be able to get back up on the surface.It would likely lead to the first mermaid tail related death,a lot of anger,and lawsuits left and right,Because People don't know any better about these kinds of things and the risks they hold.Along with price of material,it would just most likely be disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidSabrina View Post
    Yeah,I definitely agree with Raina,Unless you are like a Kardashian or someone who can make that much money in a matter of a day,However even if you are,Its still just not Practical.Fin-Fun is quick,inexpensive and good to lounge around and have fun in.

In my opinion on the topic at hand,I believe there are a few other factors in why they don't make these higher end tails.The first being age demographic,I'm NOT saying everyone who buys one is a kid,but the main age demographic for these tails is quite young.The idea of Parents wanting to spend this much money on a silicone/neoprene tail would not be appealing and wouldn't sell as well,If ever even having any sales at all!Another factor would be lack of consumer knowledge and safety concerns.Fin-Fun has dealt with a bit of backlash due to safety concerns in recent times,Mainly due to parents thinking its "unsafe" or "a drowning hazard" even with the safety mechanisms the tails provide.

Although I was only thirteen when I started saving for my silicone tail,I cannot think of a single child younger than I was at that point,(im 16 now btw,stopped growing at 14) that could handle something more than a fabric tail,and some kids cant even handle that (yet again I don't know many young kids,but still)Along with the concern of lousy parenting and rough use of what is most likely their first tail,it could be quite dangerous.For example a while back a video went viral of a girl in a tail in a pool,with her mother in the Background saying "do a flip!" and the child proceeds to struggle.Although the little girl was okay in the end,The parents of the internet got upset about it,even with safety mechanics built in.Things like this if they were to sell Neoprene/silicone tails , could end a LOT worse,as they would be unable to have these safety features.

Even some professionals I know and have read about NEVER swim in their silicone tails alone,even as a professional.Imagine a parent thinking it would be okay to walk away from a kid wearing a tail that heavy for a while.The child could get tired and not be able to get out,try to do a trick,or swim to the bottom of the pool,and not be able to get back up on the surface.It would likely lead to the first mermaid tail related death,a lot of anger,and lawsuits left and right,Because People don't know any better about these kinds of things and the risks they hold.Along with price of material,it would just most likely be disastrous.
    I never thought about this. Professionals not using silicone tails alone? Maybe it's not a good idea to sell silicone tails and market them to a younger demographic. I just admire the realism of full silicone, that's why I want one so bad.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I dont think silicone tails are marketed to a younger demographic for the most part. I think mertailor might be the only one who tries that but he sells to anyone, anything Most tail makers dont want the hassle because it wont fit long.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I just watched a video of a young girl, about 12 -14 yrs, in her new mertailor tail. The saddest thing when I was watching it, is how short of a time she gets to use it before outgrowing such a beautiful creation.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MermaidSabrina's Avatar
    Add MermaidSabrina on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I dont think silicone tails are marketed to a younger demographic for the most part. I think mertailor might be the only one who tries that but he sells to anyone, anything Most tail makers dont want the hassle because it wont fit long.
    Exactly.Its not worth the trouble going into making such a tail,and I swear Eric will do anything to make some money,even if its not done right.It's honestly just not practical to make a tail that at most will fit the child for 6 months

The only other tail maker I've seen who works in silicone for kids is Tiggs. But those aren't full silicone, and they are way cheaper than a full silicone tail. And I top of that, they seem to be for kids who are doing photoshoots or who have parents/adults around them who are into mermaiding and know the proper safety precautions.

Full silicone is a wonderful goal to aspire to, but there's a lot that goes into owning one besides the swimming. Storage, transportation, having a place to clean it and dry it out.... I was going into college when I got my first tail, and all of those things are a pain in the butt when you live in a dorm. It may take a few years to save for your dream tail, but you will probably be in a much better situation to own and care for one by then.