Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aloha :)

Man a meetup would be really awesome! I actually can't add you guys to the pod myself :| But you should be able to join them through here: http://mernetwork.com/index/profile....editusergroups
    I'm currently in college in NY so I won't be able to do anything in Hawaii for a while though
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Coradion's Avatar

Visit Coradion's Youtube Channel
    I'm on O'ahu as well, if you guys want to do a swim sometime, I have a lot of underwater photographer friends.

Count me in as well!

Follow Ayesha On Twitter
    Follow Ayesha on Tumblr Visit Ayesha's Youtube Channel
    Wow! This is going to be so much fun! When should we plan on having this gathering? My tail is on the mainland at the moment. I made it using neoprene from JoAnns and entered it in the Sew Unique Contest. It ended up being one of the finalists, so I had to send it in for the final round of judging. I should get it back by mid-December though!

How about first week of January, or the week after Christmas? I don't know what you guys are doing for the holidays, but we are just hanging out here, and that way Ayesha your tail will be back in time!
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Same here, just hanging out and working. I'm up for either of those weeks. You guys have a specific place in mind you'd like to go? I know a couple good merbeaches on the West side that aren't too crowded and can be really calm...just depends on conditions. :-)

Ayesha, how did your tail do in the final round of judging??

Dec 28th? January 2nd? I have no clue, I got here 2 months ago, so I don't know of many great beaches, Stephanie or Coradion, you can pick.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    I'll be in Oahu in December for Christmas, visiting family. I plan to be there from the 16th of December to the 26th, the day after Christmas. Just letting you all know.

Follow Ayesha On Twitter
    Stephanie, I just got back word today that I placed 16th, and my tail was the most unique thing that they received. I have to fill out some declaration forms and send them in on Monday, and my tail should be headed back my way by the end of the week. Thank you for asking.
    I actually just moved last month from Waianae to Kalihi! The west side is beautiful--especially at sunset!

I will be here for most of the holidays. I just won't be here from January 9th to 17th. While I am here I will just be working and hanging about. I'll have to let my boss know at least two weeks in advance if I want a day off, but she is really nice so I can just explain tomorrow and talk about dates later. I usually do that for my choir practices and events so I'm sure she'll understand.

spottedcatfish, I hope you have fun visiting your family! Maybe we'll see one another.

How would December 17th work for everyone? I know it's the week before Christmas...is that too much for everyone with the holidays? That would be in the time frame that Ayesha and Spottedcatfish is on island and that is also my day off of work. Mermaid Harmony and Coradion? Looking forward to it!

Congrats, Ayesha, on the uniqueness of your tail! Can't wait to see it! My current tail is my "practice" tail to learn techniques for my next one (which is in it's very beginning stages). I work on the west side and I usually enjoy the weather and the setting. So beautiful! :-)

Follow Ayesha On Twitter
    I will talk to my boss about taking the day off, and I will cross my fingers that my tail will be back by then.

Haha. Thanks! I think for the sewing contest entries that it was unique. Otherwise it is quite plain. This was my first tail, so it was also my "practice" tail. I hope to make another one next summer or the next summer that will be much more ornate.

Very nice! I agree, it is so beautiful!

17th works for me!

I can have a couple photographers lined up if we like.

That would be great to get photos and show others on the MerNetwork that meet-ups are possible and fun!

Follow Ayesha On Twitter
    I left a note for my boss for the day off. I am so excited!

I'm in! Where would we like to do it at?
    www.mermaidharmony.com

We could maybe eat lunch or something together, and then go swimming
    www.mermaidharmony.com

We may have to figure out the location as the time comes a little closer so we can see the conditions and whatnot. There are many nice areas I know of...but it tends to depend on the weather and swell that day. Also, how strong is everyone's swimming skills in their tails? That might be something to take into consideration also. So looking forward to meeting everyone!

Follow Ayesha On Twitter
    This is going to be so much fun! I have only gone swimming with my tail in my pool on the mainland, so in that aspect I might be a beginner. I have used my merfin/monofin a few times in the ocean without any problems though. I think of myself as a pretty decent swimmer, and it was not a difficult transition from 'normal' swimming to swimming with a tail for me. I also look forward to meeting everyone!

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    Hey all, so Mermaid Stephanie contacted me yesterday, telling me about this event, The 17th works out ok, except for the fact that I will have just arrived in Hawaii, the day before, so I may be a bit jet lagged. So here are the facts as far as the vacation I will have out there. I am going to visit family. I have an Aunt and Uncle who live in Wiamea, on theNorth shore of Hawaii. I had messaged Stephanie, letting her know that:

1. I will not be renting a car when I am there, because I will be with my mother and family, so renting a car, seems a little bit pointless, as I will be spending time with them.

2. My mother and rest of my family do not know about my mermaid-y things.

So what I had suggested with Stephanie, is maybe a surprise for my Aunt and mother, perhaps a mermaid/man interaction/ introduction day. (maybe just on the beach if the swell is too strong)

As for being a strong swimmer, I am an average swimmer in my tail, however I'm not really comfortable about swimming in the ocean in Hawaii, especially in the winter time, as the swell can get big and very unpredictable.

So are we planning this on the 17th?