Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ✼ The Official Wig and Hair Extensions Thread ✼

Styling wigs isn't actually too hard depending on what kind of look you're trying to achieve, if that were something , but it does take some time and practice. I wish I had as many mermaid tails as I do wigs though, haha!

I've been shopping around for a wig for mermaiding since my own hair gets a dull and unimpressive color in the water. I'm noticing that a lot of wigs are made for heads that are 22-24" around, but my head is a whopping 27". I guess it's safe to assume that the problem gets worse when I tuck all of my hair up into a wig cap. (I keep it long.) I'm not sure where to look for a decent quality synthetic wig that isn't sold in a one size fits small.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Attempted using a wig for the first time last Halloween for a Mera costume(from Aquaman), but it can totally be used again as an Ariel wig It's a synthetic wig from a Halloween store so the quality wasn't that great: it looked longer in the pictures, tangled super easily, and came out of the bag a mess, but after many hours of working on it, I made it work! I didn't know about the fabric softener trick so I just applied some hair detangler and brushed it all the way though with a wide tooth comb, then curled it using my straighter on a low setting**made sure to test it on a spot in the back before doing the full wig**. It ended up with a pretty soft waves look It has no lace front, but the bangs were good at hiding it and I'll fersure be using this for some dry-land mermaid gigs/shoots!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_QshPjF...d=fjq6dktllbqn
    ^^ Here's a link to my post of the before and after

Sent from my SM-G960U using MerNetwork mobile app