Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Swim school on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    And what's with there being 51 backers but lower down, it says, "0" backers. Can you fake backers??
    No, there are 51 backers. 0 backers thing relates to each particular reward, how many people have pledged that amount/reward. What I don't understand is the maths of it all. In the details section of campaign she breaks down the costs of why she needs 10k for crowd funding, it seems like with that money she is wanting to make around 50-100 tails (presumably for her own business to use) BUT with the pricing of the rewards she is offering, for around 10k raised she could potentially have to provide at least 130 tails as rewards, and not all of the money from crowd funding campaign actually goes to the person who is running the campaign (Kick starter for instance will take around 8-10% of the total raised) so, I can't see how she is going to come out on top from this, unless she is expecting that she gets people donating more the higher amounts than the lower amounts?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Member formerly known as leomar

One word:

profit.
    The SeaGlass Siren

I don't think she plans on using all of that money, rather just keep it for herself. That's just my theory.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGlass Siren View Post
    I don't think she plans on using all of that money, rather just keep it for herself. That's just my theory.
    But how? How can she profit at all with what she has to offer in rewards, unless the fins are in fact super duper cheap.

She did say she was working with Chinese suppliers.
    In short: sweat shops.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Again just a theory.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod
    This is DISCUSTING. My heart breaks to hear all this. I watched Dragons Den when the episode was released and pulled out so so many flaws (Including the whole "Sandles" idea. You have to get your company on solid ground before trying to branch out of the country). I then checked out her website and was descusted finding all the stollen pictures, monofins, tails. EVERYTHING ABOUT HER IS FAKE. I'm sorry to all the Mers she hurt along the way. And being a Canadian Mer myself, I'm really sad that she hasn't helped our cause of trying to have Monofins unbanned and shit like that. GAH This sucks.

Mermaid
    Hollydell

From her FAQ :

" Êtes vous la compagnie la plus cool? Eh bien, c’est gentil de demander Nous sommes fiers d’offrir une expérience vraiment unique à nos sirènes et de vivre la magie d’un rêve d’enfance. Notre réussite est directement lié au support de notre superbe communauté! "

Translation : " Are you the coolest company? Well, thanks for asking We are proud to offer a really unique experience to our mermaids and live the magic of a chilhood dream. Our success is directly connected to the support of our beautiful community."

Last edited by Merman Arion; 02-06-2016 at 05:14 PM.

How conceited is she?!

I WANT TO BARF

What community is she talking about? The mer community?

The community she steals from?

The community that she didn't genuinely seem to embrace at the BIGGEST MERMAID EVENT EVER HELD? (as stated in my previous post)
    Find me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and my WEBSITE
    Formerly known as Madison Juliette

Girl is so shady I could sunbathe around her and not tan. :| that's how shady she is
    The SeaGlass Siren

^ lol!
    Mermaid Enora

would Kickstarter do anything if someone were to report the fund for theft?
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

yes and there's an open case right now between her and the patent owner, the lawyer has to contact kickstarter on Monday.

Oh so she (patent owner) ended up getting a lawyer :0 good for her
    The SeaGlass Siren

Marielle doesn't get anyone's money unless the campaign ends successfully, so Kickstarter could just cancel her campaign.

Last edited by Merman Andrew; 02-07-2016 at 02:26 AM.

Senior Member Euro Pod SeaNymph's Avatar
    Just read this thread. A little off topic, but interesting what you said at page 1 about opening dates of different mermaid schools, Raina. Mermaid Kat for example states in her website and wikipedia that she opened the "world's very first mermaid school" in August 2012. Maybe people should start a serious world research about things they claimed to be "first", "world's best", etc. But I can understand of course that it sounds nice and impressive ;-)
    Last edited by SeaNymph; 02-09-2016 at 02:24 PM.
    From Africa: A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor. It´s the rough times that make what you are!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaNymph View Post
    Just read this thread. A little off topic, but interesting what you said at page 1 about opening dates of different mermaid schools, Raina. Mermaid Kat for example states in her website and wikipedia that she opened the "world's very first mermaid school" in August 2012. Maybe people should start a serious world research about things they claimed to be "first", "world's best", etc. But I can understand of course that it sounds nice and impressive ;-)
    ugh, well I know we had one in Canada before that and Im fairly certain back in 2011 on mernetwork we were talking about others. I am so over the marielles, kat's, and melissa's of the world who have to make up stats about themselves instead of relying on actual hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    ugh, well I know we had one in Canada before that and Im fairly certain back in 2011 on mernetwork we were talking about others. I am so over the marielles, kat's, and melissa's of the world who have to make up stats about themselves instead of relying on actual hard work.
    If any of this was about the work, you'd have a point. But you mentioned that Melissa is in it for the fame. Yeah, she's got her mermaid thing, but if someone came up to her and said "So, the mermaid thing is cool and all...but I'm going to give you a giant bag of money if you do anything but what you're known for" she'd deny having ever owned a tail. She'd sue netflix to get the first season of Fish Tank wars removed because of her three minute appearance.

Wow I knew it was bad I didn't know it was THIS bad, so staying far away . What a mess she has made and yet is still digging a deeper grave.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk