Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Swim school on TV

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I am continuing being contacted by disgruntled employees and ex employees of her. I wish I had something better for them!!

http://imgur.com/c9qF9
    what this feels like for me. Honestly i'm a bit shocked. She seemed really nice at mermania and thought well of her. Kind of surprised i guess but then again I very trusting fish.

I just watched the whole video and lol how awkward that girl modeling the tail must have felt. Like OK guys it's not going well someone please wheel me out.

This is just crazy she needs to make her school work on her own before demanding so much. And jeeze don't act like you are the only one in this ocean.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    yes and there's an open case right now between her and the patent owner, the lawyer has to contact kickstarter on Monday.
    Hmm I just checked the Kick Starter project, it's still going and so far has raised over $16000! Which means in 5 days if her project is not closed down I think she will get everyones money!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Member formerly known as leomar

yup looks like it. Yay for crappy tails coming out of Canada! This will be the second one coming out that I am deeply concerned about the quality and what that means for safety.

Just great.. It's going to be like when you get a really bad movie made out of a really good book but no one's read the book.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Name:  Capturegggh.JPG
Views: 571
Size:  48.0 KB

Her latest move, spamming everyone else's videos with her shoddy stolen product.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Name:  Capturegggh.JPG
Views: 571
Size:  48.0 KB

Her latest move, spamming everyone else's videos with her shoddy stolen product.
    Spam her back with 100 other better places you can buy a tail from

Member formerly known as leomar

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by leomar View Post
    Spam her back with 100 other better places you can buy a tail from

Nah! That means Raina would have to stoop so low, she's one tough fishy if you don't know already.
    Formerly known as ireneho

https://youtu.be/CKMDYdIScYM

I watched acouple of her videos, she has come a long way in production, it's just a shame of how she isn't being 100% honest
    Last edited by Celesteofthewaterlilies; 03-31-2016 at 08:43 PM.

Yeah she learned how to manage youtube by coming to my class without paying for it, and filming it! looks like she's just copying my blog format now. I mean I don't have dibs on it, but just knowing how she is...

It's interesting she teaches swimming, she isn't an instructor at all or have any swim experience. I wasnt even comfortable doing a swim school til I was paired up with a talented swim instructor so we could make sure our class was meeting both my vision for mermaid safety, and theirs for swimming.

I see she's ripping off Traci Hines shell tops

So hypocritical her saying anything about safety.

See she's running out of good credit now since dragon's dens so I know she's just reaching for whatever she can.

Of course what else is she ripping off :/
    The SeaGlass Siren

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    I've never unsubscribed to a channel that fast.

Sent from my SM-G550T using MerNetwork mobile app
    Mela.Mermaid

I'm new to the mernetwork community and wow, I've never wanted to leave somewhere so fast as reading this bullying forum! Is there no moderation here?

It is one thing to have a discussion about something that is wrong and upsetting, but attacking people's character? It shows more about your character than theirs. This discussion is not constructive, it's just catty bullying and harassment.

The mer community should be better at supporting each other than the rest of the world, but these responses show otherwise, going on and on with hatred and disrespect....

You have awoken a beast known as an old thread. Well, now so have I, but nevertheless, be careful next time.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    I had forgotten about this thread, and didn't realize that the Aquamermaid Channel Youtube was pestering me with is her.
    So thanks for reviving it

A while back I watched some of those vids. They seem to be targetted exclusively at beginners.
    In one of them, she showcased different flips and spins and the classic synchro figure "dolphin", but dubbed them all with different, "special" names which she probably uses in her swim school.

So I asked where she got all the names (stuff like "angel spin, superman spin" etc) from or if she simply invented them.
    Not in a catty way, I was just curious about the lingo and why she changed a synchro figure's name (international lingo) to something entirely else.
    Needless to say, I never got an answer.

yup. posting facts is so bullying. probably NOT the place for someone who joins just to complain about that, says a lot more about YOUR motives and interests. We have an introduction thread you know. We are under no obligation to support someone who has frequently screwed over community members. I mean, this person got their start by stealing all of mermaid linden's content - it was even written about in The Globe and Mail. Then after this thread was posted, continued to go on using and misappropriating photos and videos from conventions to falsely represent her swim school, and then an event. A lot more has happened in 2 years since this thread was posted.

if you can't handle accountability, then no, this isn't the place for you.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Wow, nice way to stir up necro-posts...and suddenly, Marielle is looking for pools in NYC to conduct mermaid classes. Someone's gonna get fin slapped! If ever was a place for a mermaid turf-war, it's NYC.

"Merm-iors....come out and plaaaaaay!"

Her silicone tail looks like she ripped off merbellas to me, the only thing I’ve seen that looks uniquely hers is the sports bra type silicone top she has but I’m willing to bet that was ripped off from some where to. I am ashamed to say her and mermaid Melissa were the first silicone mermaids I ever saw online. But thankfully I found Raina on YouTube a few days later and after that my world was changed forever! Thank god for Raina and all the other good folks of this community!

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    That Aquamermaid silicone tail and bra looks very very familiar. Scroll down to see it, its near the bottom. Also, how do you put on a silicone top that has no clasps or toggles? How much does silicone stretch?? And the tops on the fabric tails, are the same design as Miami Beach Mermaids.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...like-a-mermaid
    Woooooow.... What a sketchy video. It definitely looks like a cut finis fin and they also had a second fin that wasn't the finis fin at all in that video. The silicone stuff looked copied from finfolk and the top would be impossible to put on! It also looks very poorly made (like shitty job).

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app