Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The First Ever (soon to be) Published Study on Mermaid Tail Swimming and Tails

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Any news on how this is all going, Raina? I'm super excited to see what you guys come out with

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I have all the footage for 2 other videos and just havent had time to edit/ post it. The first study is published but I am not sure how to put access to it online because it's behind a university paywall. But we are expecting it to continue again with version 3 of the fin this winter. Just not sure of exact dates. (there's another study in the aquatron that gets priority right now on tidal power) When the next round of testing and versioning is done there will be a follow up publication

Otherwise make sure the scientists are taking into account the fact that 0 angle monofins like the Finis ones you are testing do not actually get to parallel when streamlining through water since they are strapped to our feet, and most people's feet cannot achieve enough arch to create that parallel line with the monofin.
    they're engineers and physicists. lol I dont have to tell them anything, they know what they're doing.

Our prototype doesnt use a foot pocket either

Is the attachment thing for existing monofins to reduce discomfort still happening?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

yup. it's been through 2 versions but not what we want yet so onto version 3!

Haha. Awesome can't wait to see what you guys make. I'm definately getting one haha.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Im not sure if it's something that will be commercially available at this point or not ($$$). Still testing, we own the IP but would likely work something out for Merbellas tails, and who knows maybe Finis would actually be interested after the fact lol (we tried to get them before. Finfun was super interested but wanted all the IP)

Hey folks for anyone who is curious, I mentioned that our study is on hold while another is in the aquatron.

Well, a video was put together about the current study on turbines and it's REALLY interesting. You can see it here: https://review.bellmedia.ca/view/934432182

Finis checked out the video haha the owner !!!