Thread: Has anyone been diving in Bali?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kait's Avatar

Has anyone been diving in Bali?

I'm off to Bali in late July () and looking at doing a trip to Nusa Penida to dive with the mola mola and manta rays.

I’m just wondering if anyone has been diving there and can recommend a good company to go with?
    Mermaid Kait

I've been, but that was a few years ago now and I don't remember the name of the company I went with, it was just a small one. I went up to Menjangan Island and went for a few dives around there and it was gorgeous. Saw pygmy seahorse I'd really love to dive with the manta rays, though! I didn't have time to go over to Nusa Penida. *sigh*

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kait's Avatar
    Awww pygmy seahorse!!! Fins crossed I'll see one to
    Apparently in late July we will have a really good chance at seeing the Mola Mola, hopefully there will be some biggies!
    Mermaid Kait

They are very hard to spot, you basically have to rub your eyeballs on the gorgonians to find them :P

Yes, I was in Bali. Unreal beauty

I have scubadived in Bali. Unreal and magnificent indeed. Can't really recommend any company, I went with a company that was affiliated with my hotel. I am very positive about the experience, and I was glad wetsuits weren't compulsory (I hate wetsuits).

where are you studying?