Thread: New Jersey Meet Ups?

New Jersey Meet Ups?

Hey, guys. Does anyone else feel the NJ mermaid isolation? I see all these awesome meet ups for places like North Carolina, but meet ups in my area (Northern Jersey) seem to be MIA. I can't go as far as NC or even NY on most occasions because I'm just under 17 and can't drive. Am I doomed to wait until 21 to finally swim with another mer? (Sorry if this is not the right place for this! )
    Thoughts?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Where are you in Jersey?

The Coney Island Mermaid Parade is in June, and a lot of local mers hang out and swim...I'm usually in the parade, and may be working the judges stand, but I know Mermaid Cookie, and a few others meet up. There's a Facebook page with info, I'll look for the link!

West Orange...so, basically in the area of Newark

I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I'm sure a ride could be arranged to get you to a meet up! I'm in Ringwood, we're practically neighbors!

It's just that I don't know of any Jersey meet ups.

Oh, you do live nearby! Where do you usually go for meet ups? Are there any that are relatively nearby--just close enough that it wouldn't be a burden to my mom to drive me there?