Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid mascara?

Atalantic Ocean, Northeaster border of the USA

Mermaid mascara?

I buy drugstore brand mascara (like $12 ones at Target), almost always waterproof for extended wear. But I never wear any mascara in the water (even waterproof) because it also smudges, flakes, or clumps.

I've haven't really heard for a good, mermaiding mascara yet. Can anyone suggest one?

Or maybe just a way to swim-proof my normal mascara? I've heard of (but don't really know how to go about an) eye drop method. I also have some underwater sealent from Mermaid Minerals, could I somehow transfer that to my lashes?

Thanks and have a bubbly day! :mermaidkiss:

~Mermaid Fyre

I actually think regular mascara is fine so long as you don't rub it or touch it.
    It usually sticks on pretty well. I used mabellene or whatever that's called, they have a SUPER ULTRA SOMETHING NEVER COME OFF UNLESS YOU CLIP YOUR EYELASHES OFF and that stuff is like tar! Sure it rubs off when you rub your eyes but I guess that's the challenge xD
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

"Waterproof" makeup does not actually mean submersible the vast majority of the time. It means it stands up to splashes, crying, watery eyes, rain, ect. I use L'Oreal Double Extend mascara in waterproof and it stays put enough for me at the moment- after 1-2 hours in which I'm mostly underwater it's still there. But it still flakes when it gets wet, although I've never noticed the flakes on my skin (which could look bad). I actually use this stuff for my every day makeup because my eyes tend to water and I live in a rainy state. I tried the MUFE (Makeup Forever) Aqua Lash and I didn't like it, and other underwater models also say it's crap. I'm digging through underwater modeling threads on model mayhem to try and find a better answer. From a makeup artist "Hands-down it's Cover Girl Marathon Mascara (green tube). I've used it for underwater photo shoots and it does not budge. We tested like, all of them, before settling on this one and it didn't let us down. After extensive testing, this by far the waterproofiest of the lot. It didn't budge and looked great all day." He posted multiple times about this (as well as discussing grease and cream based makeups along with pics) so I'd say it's worth a shot!

I will say NEVER put anything that isn't meant for your eyes around your eyes, never put anything that isn't meant to be on your lashes on your lashes. You can do permanent damage if you get something like that in your eye. A big thing people forget about when it comes to that is glitter. Never use non cosmetic grade glitter on your face. It can scratch your cornea or worse, and can do permanent damage. It's just not worth it. If it's going on/around your eyes, make sure it's made for it. Even if it's made for your around your eyes does not mean it's safe for lashes either.

Aqua Seal from MUFE is better than the Mermaid Minerals Aqua Line IMO, but neither of them are recommended for using on lashes/overtop mascaras. I was recommended Anastasia Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat by a Sephora employee but I have yet to try it. I may try it since if I don't like it I can return it for a full refund within 60 days and store credit up to 90 days after. Yes, even used. They're awesome that way.

Hope that helps in your search

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest Goldie's Avatar
    Ok, Hard Candy Lash Ink will not smudge smear or come off at all without remover. I like to use the same brand of remover by Hard Candy called "Take It Off" Stuff is a little pricier than say covergirl same kind of stuff but you WILL NOT be disappointed.

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest Goldie's Avatar
    Oh Big Plus++ Hard Candy Brand Cosmetics DO NOT test on animals

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    What about falsies? Would those stick under water?

I'm a natural redhead with platinum blonde eyelashes so this is a big thing for me! lol

I dye my brows but I've never managed to use the tint kit on my lashes as it always ends up in my eyes and I can't help but have to wash it right out. The covergirl mascara is discontinued =( and I'm struggling to find one here in the uk that isn't $50 + $40 shipping D:

I'd definitely be up for testing falsies - I wonder whether duo lash glue would be water resistant enough?

Aqua Lash didn't work for me at all. It was worse than cheap drugstore brands. Even underwater models say it's crap :/ But the good thing about Sephora is you can return it if it doesn't work. Just be sure to keep your receipt in a safe place.. I lost mine and couldn't return it

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    I was wondering about this today. I'm thinking of trying that covergirl marathon mascara.

Sorry, I just found out it's discontinued Tubes of it are going for $50-$100 on eBay cause so many people loved it so much and willing to shell out for it. People are posting on FB and on Covergirl's website how they want it brought back becuase they used faithfully it for 20+ years (stuff came out in the 1980s). But apparently they discontinued it becuase sales weren't as good as they wanted. :/ People are looking for replacements and I keep seeing nothing holds up to what Marathon was, or is even "in the same class" as Marathon was. And a lot of these people have tried over a dozen different mascaras since (some of them over 30 others..). Covergirl, WTF.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

After a few more hours of research (I am hell bent over here :P) I've settled on a new mascara to try out. It's Urban Decay's Ultra Waterpoof Cannonball Mascara- http://www.sephora.com/cannonball-ul...ascara-P286303 . I'll be sure to keep track of my receipt this time and let you know how it goes

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Btw I have a bunch of makeup that I've collected for various shoots (and will be getting a ton more once my mother in law comes from PA to visit) and once I get a little time I'll test various stuff firstly in the shower and then anything that stands up to that I'll pool test once I get in the pool =)

Has anyone tried http://www.limecrimemakeup.com/produ...OW-HELPER.html this? I bought it recently and it looks pretty good so far =)

Does these mascara will stay in water.....

I use Maybelline MegaPlush waterproof. It works perfectly! It has never clumped, smeared, or flaked ever. I love it!
    I lost my heart to the Ocean
    and with it, a piece of my
    soul
    https://instagram.com/mermaid_nerida/

I love urban decay cannonball mascara ultra waterproof
    I think it works really well I've worn it for extended time underwater without it running or smudging.
    the Aqua line from MUF didn't worknwell for me either every bit of it falls off in the water
    Mermaid Enora

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Oooh I'm taking note of these. Mascara never stays on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UD Cannonball flaked really badly for me =(

I've been swearing by maybeline falsies waterproof mascara =)
    User previously known as "Kat Arnold".

- Mermaid Lilium Fanpage -
    - Photography Fanpage -

I use NYC showtime waterproof It's not super awesome in the way of making youre eyelashes look 11 feet long but it does stay on well and is only about $4 a bottle!

Ok guys just made a discovery of AMAZING waterproof mascara that gives you long, thick lashes while also being SUPER waterproof! I've been swimming for over an hour and it still looks great! My lashes may not look too great in the photo but I had even been rubbing my eyes while I was swimming (plus I have super short lashes to begin with) Anyways I HIGHLY suggest this mascara! Cover girl full lash bloom waterproof, it's a new mascara of theirs
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver