Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: More Stolen Photos

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Woah, how did I not know this was going on?!?! This is terrible! Poor Traci!

And Im pretty sure I could make a better tail than that blindfolded and with one arm tied behind my back! What a piece of junk! I seriously hope the buyer gets a full refund! Has anyone reached out to her yet and invited her to the forum?
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

I would be so offended if I spent $1,000 on a tail and received THAT. I've been looking at her shop and it says that she's "taking a break". Maybe you guys got to her after all.

Selkie Luna

Yikes. Just yikes. I mean that tail doesn't even make sense.

I don't even know where to start with that tail. I want to roast it but it's too much.
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Screen shot from her asking for a refund. Apparently she already sent the tail back to her already.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I feel so bad for that buyer. I can't even imagine how she must feel right now.

The seller is a member here, and I only know this because I try to make it a point to introduce myself and add all the Wisconsin mers as friends on Mernetwork and/or Facebook.

I think what happened here is she didn't have the money to make herself a tail, so she decided to use someone as a guinea pig for her first tail. This tail should have been her own tail, and then from here she would improve her methods and once her methods were good she could then start selling to others. She shouldn't be selling at this stage.

I do hope Traci will join Mernetwork. I hope she doesn't give up on being a Mermaid.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by Madison MerFaerie View Post
    I feel so bad for that buyer. I can't even imagine how she must feel right now.

The seller is a member here, and I only know this because I try to make it a point to introduce myself and add all the Wisconsin mers as friends on Mernetwork and/or Facebook.
    What she's here? ? and still put out that shoddy tail with all the info here for her to access? I'm making my first silicone tail and it looks nothing like that because I used the threads here and the knowledge of other Mers.

I wonder if she watches this thread.

The shop says she's on vacation so I'm guessing she'll delete everything and run with whatever money she was able to scam

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

The buyer responded to my message and let me know she's trying to go through Etsy, Paypal, and her credit card company to get her money back. I really hope one of those will help her get her money refunded!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I'm glad she is getting the support from you all! With some luck this might work out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    The buyer responded to my message and let me know she's trying to go through Etsy, Paypal, and her credit card company to get her money back. I really hope one of those will help her get her money refunded!
    I seriously hope she does Poor girl
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

That is some shit! I dont care if the seller is a member her, that is NOT professional at all. You don't lie about your work and crank out an unprofessional product !! That is unethical, unprofessional, and just plane stupid. They should be ashamed of themselves and rectify the situation by publically apologizes and refunding the buyer. That is BS!

I don't even get what happened to that tail..

Like, what are all those patches on the back? And the "paint job" looks like a four year old painted it. Is it even swimmable? Doubt it. I'd hate to see what the monofin looks like, if there even is one.

I really hope this poor girl can get her money back and that etsy see's this lady is a scammer and takes her store down so some one else doesn't fall victim.

there's no monofin in that, it's just a sack of aquatic death at the bottom
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    The etsy shop is still there. It says "taking a short break". She's prob out there spending that poor mermaid's money on trash.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    What she's here? ? and still put out that shoddy tail with all the info here for her to access?

Yup. Username Sarafin. Was an active user for like a month and then ghosted. She started a thread asking for tailmaking help, and demonstrating her fundamental lack of knowledge and very minimal research on silicone tail making.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Coralia View Post
    Like, what are all those patches on the back?

She also inquired about Captain Nemo’s method of using fish netting to create scales on latex. Looks likes she attempted that technique on the back of the tail she made. “Attempted” is the key word.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaylennMurúch View Post
    there's no monofin in that, it's just a sack of aquatic death at the bottom

omg. I really adore you Phaylenn!
    Last edited by Madison MerFaerie; 03-13-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Been messaging back and forth with Traci, the buyer, trying to help her figure out the specifics of how to fill her tail needs for her upcoming photo shoots, since this has has been such a bust. Have a few good leads for her, so hopefully all will work out in the end!

Miss Alice Le Fae hasn't responded to my comment on her photo. Looks like she's dropping off the web, what with her Etsy store being "on break", her Facebook Page deleted, and no more activity (that I can see) on her FB profile. Also her FB said "Star Sewn LLC". I looked it up, it's not a registered LLC. She's just a fraud all over.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Does anyone know if she got her refund?

Oh yes, I forgot to say! I got a message saying the seller refunded $600 but didn't want to give up $400 (saying it was for cost of materials). Etsy intervened and said since the seller used photos that weren't hers that she didn't give the product she claimed, and that if she didn't refund the rest then they would suspend her shop. So hopefully she refunds the rest!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Yay!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast