Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Least Used Tail Color(s)

Other people have already mentioned these colors, but brown and silver TOGETHER would be quite unique. I think then you would end up having more of a freshwater (fish) look.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Update: I have decided on flowers!

Apart from pre-made tails that I have bought, all of my homemade tails have some sort of flowers printed on them. That's what my "tail colors" will be.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Euro Pod Astridia's Avatar
    My most recent tail I made is White with NEON and PURPLE markings I call it: RAVE KOI XD

oooooohhh what kind of flowers?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Chloe-Marie View Post
    oooooohhh what kind of flowers?
    Any kind!
    Formerly known as ireneho

It seems like people go for blue tails less often all for the reasoning that it's "too popular" lol. Blue is my favorite color though and definitely the base color for my dream tail.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

I think blue blends in too much with the water, though I think it is much more striking on land.

Yeah I've heard that blue and green tails don't photograph so well underwater because they blend with the water.

I wish there were more black tails available! Unfortunately most black tails look one-dimensional underwater but I think black looks so amazing and majestic.

Reminds me of that infamous Yogi Berra quote: "No one goes to that restaurant any more. It's too crowded."
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Quote Originally Posted by UnicornMermaid View Post
    Yeah I've heard that blue and green tails don't photograph so well underwater because they blend with the water.

I wish there were more black tails available! Unfortunately most black tails look one-dimensional underwater but I think black looks so amazing and majestic.
    At the same time though, blue is the last color to fade from distance in the water. After about 20 or so feet, red turns to black, and the more distance you add, so do all of the other colors. Then again I'm also bias and just love my blue a lot, lol.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

I will say, though I don't like how blue "blends" with the water, there is something...deeper to that. Almost like you become one with the ocean, if you will.

I've always have leaned more towards the darker greens and black tails myself. Currently my only tail is black and dark grey but I have been thinking of trying finfun' s tail creating program.

I live for blue and black in my mermaid look, but I don't own a solid blue tail just yet!

Oddly enough, the colors that most folks avoid as they're "too common" end up being some of the rarer type!

My green tail looks magical in surface shoots and the blue and green is amazing underwater. The black tail hasn't been used for much else than my short videos, but it tends to look a bit flat.

Name:  IMG_0472.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  205.9 KB

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper