Thread: Quick land event ideas.

Quick land event ideas.

I was helping out at the YMCA's before school program again today and the most common question I got today why didn't I bring my tail. So I am thinking of bringing my tail tomorrow when I help out again. Obviously they don't have a pool in the elementary school, so anyone have an idea of things I can do to entertain kids, K-5, while in my tail? They know its a costume, they still think its cool.

If the kids already know it's a costume I would try to do funny tricks in it to make them laugh. Like flop on the floor or something. When I'm working with kids I find that acting like and idiot is what brings them joy. hope it helped!

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid_selene View Post
    If the kids already know it's a costume I would try to do funny tricks in it to make them laugh. Like flop on the floor or something. When I'm working with kids I find that acting like and idiot is what brings them joy. hope it helped!
    Oh so what I do every day already?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Seaspray Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid on Tumblr Visit Seaspray Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    What about simple running games? Turn red light/green light into red fish/green fish. Or a game of Navigation, kids act like obstacles and one kid (blind) is a ship and one more kid is a captain. Capt guides ship thru obstacles. Or a word game, like start a story and everyone adds a word to the story. Or teach mer dance/yoga/language.
    Why blend in when you were so obviously destined to stand out?