Thread: Underwater Hockey

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar

Underwater Hockey

Underwater hockey is a sport played at the bottom of a pool by two teams of six. You move a puck with a small stick the length of a kitchen knife, and attempt to put the puck into the opposing team's goal. You can only stay at the bottom for as long as you can hold your breath, so passing to your teammates is crucial.
    Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_hockey

Here's a good youtube video:

The sport is really fun and it's a great way to get better at breathholding. It's growing in popularity, and I strongly encourage you all to check it out.
    This website can help you find an underwater hockey team near you: Underwater Hockey Tourist

*To answer a question someone is going to ask: No, I don't think you could play this in a tail. Underwater hockey requires a lot of turning and maneuverability, and you can't turn nearly as well with a monofin as you can with regular swim fins. It may be possible to modify this sport to make it more suitable for tails though.

And I bet it would beat the crap out of your tails. D:

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freckled Kisses View Post
    And I bet it would beat the crap out of your tails. D:
    It would depend on what the bottom of the pool is like. Tile pools don't scrape like vinyl or cement. Id recommend using a fabric tail since it would probably hold up well, if it gets damaged the tail is more replaceable, and you'd want the tails to be lightweight to swim fast.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MermanMatty's Avatar
    That seems fun and like a good way to stay in shape and a good way to practice holding your breath! I might try it! lol

Awh the closest one is an hour away But it looks like a blast! We should all meet up someday and play underwater hockey mermaid style ^_^

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.