Thread: Tail and hair colour :)

Tail and hair colour :)

Hey Guys,

Any of you wonders what tail to buy for what hair colour, I have jet black hair and planing to order my first silicone tail and I was wondering what colour would be the best ?
    Claudia of the Sea.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Luckily there isn't just 1 colour that goes perfectly with any 1 hair colour. For example dark blue can look good with brown or red hair. Or blonde hair can look good in pink, light blue etc. Unluckily you also have to take into consideration your skin tone. The best thing to do is go online and find a 'what colours suit me' quiz. It sounds really strange if you've never heard of it before and I can't link you one right now (I will look and get on it though) because from experience some are better than others in terms of ease of use. Like some will say do you look better in this colour or that. And for someone like me, I have no clue that's why I'm taking the damn test. Others do it well, asking your hair and skin tone and really helping you along. Anyway you get to the end and they tell you what 'type' you are and gives you colours that will suit you. This would be the way to go also because then you have some choices of colour rather than: you have black hair, you must wear a purple tail because purple looks good with black.
    Last edited by Mer-Crazy; 02-27-2016 at 04:37 PM.

Wicked idea!! Thank you!
    Claudia of the Sea.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Okay so I'd say these 3 will probably give you a push in the right direction:

Basically gives you one colour:
    http://www.allthetests.com/quiz30/qu...hould-you-wear

Helps you find your 'type'
    http://www.lookingstylish.co.uk/your...-to-wear-them/

Gives you some colours once you've located said 'type' (you only need the top bit from this page)
    http://www.joyofclothes.com/style-advice/

thank you so much
    Claudia of the Sea.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    My hair is black with grey streaks. I wear a pink tail with neon colors on it.
    It don't matter what your hair color is, wear any tail you like!
    Formerly known as ireneho

I always think black hair looks pretty with blues and purples. Oh and definitely red too! You can always take a photo of yourself and put it over an image of a tail and see what tail color suits you the most. I did this when trying to come up with a tail design that would look good with my hair and skin tone. You can also use this mermaid maker game here: http://www.dolldivine.com/neptunes-d...d-dress-up.php and give the mermaid your hair and skin color and change the color of the tail until you find something that you think fits your look the best.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Great Idea!!!! Doing it now. I think I am going to go with red or goldfish tones
    Claudia of the Sea.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Elodea the Mermaid's Avatar
    I think that sounds beautiful! I'm partial to goldfish tones with black hair as you can see from my avatar, haha ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Elodea Nymphaea Waterweed
    of The Sacramento Mermaids

It look amazing! I love how it stands out with the blue of the water
    Claudia of the Sea.