Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are there any Mers in Ohio!

I heard there was a page already somewhere...but I've had no luck finding it. I know I'm on Facebook often myself. There is another thread where we are planning a meet-up in September. Be sure to check it out and weigh in if you'll be free then! There are a couple spots people above have listed that I will be checking out if I ever get the chance!

That said, be sure to post when/if you create the page.
    It's like the tide, always falling and rising
    I will carry you here in my heart
    You'll remind me
    That come what may, I know the way
    I am Moana - Disney's Moana

Quote Originally Posted by TheAutisticMermaid View Post
    Hey Ohio Mers, I will be in Cleveland on the 10th-14th of September if anyone wants to meet up and swim?
    I AM FIVE HOURS FROM CLEVELAND, WOMAN

*flips table*

I CANNOT DRIVE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

I visit Ohio almost every other year for modeling photoshoots now (I visit Columbus when I come in).
    So maybe next year we can arrange a meet up!

hi Im still interested in meeting up with someone! im new to mernetwork but im trying really hard to make friends and its hard! barely anyone seems to talk to me,like whats up with that?! any news on a time or location yet? please feel free to pm me i would love to meet some of you!

I think there is a Ohio valley page already if I remember correctly. Not sure. If it exists it's not very active.

I agree, I'm in Facebook way more often than MN
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Owner of The Ohio Mermaids
    Instagram: @KateyMermaid
    Katey Mermaid on Facebook
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website

So did we make a new Facebook page? If not I can do it for the meet up

I haven't had a chance to make one yet

im still sitting hear, waiting to make friends...

HELP NEEDED!
    WAYNESVILLE OHIO

HELP NEEDED
    We are looking for ONE temporary position for the 2016 Ohio Renaissance Festival. The position is one of merwrangler and show hawker.
    RESPONSIBILITIES
    -be able to lift 150lbs and move it comfortably, mermaids are to be carried bridal style. Our tails average about 40lbs, and the mermaids are between 150lb and 250lb when in costume.
    -be comfortable calling/hawking shows
    -have previous experience working in a renfest type environment
    -be able to stick to a script and continuous backstory
    -be able to help manage crowds and children in a pleasant, friendly manner
    -be available every weekend from Labor Day through mis October
    -have lodging
    -have reliable transportation
    -have Renaissance festival appropriate garb (that is also child friendly)
    -stay in character for the duration of the festival day
    -be prepared to get WET!
    -maintain the illusion that mermaids are real and exist in the festival universe. If it wouldn't be revealed at Disney, it isn't revealed at ORF

This job does not mean getting into the festival for free and playing. This is a difficult job, and you are expected to maintain your role from 9am until 6pm.

Message me on Facebook or send an email to OHIOMERMAIDS@GMAIL.COM

Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Owner of The Ohio Mermaids
    Instagram: @KateyMermaid
    Katey Mermaid on Facebook
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Iamonlyme@me.com's Avatar
    Add Iamonlyme@me.com on Facebook
    Name:  IMG_0471.JPG
Views: 310
Size:  9.1 KB
    Here is the page for Ohio and planning a. Meet in September info on page

Are there any Mers in Ohio!

I haven't done a page but I will!

I feel like I'm being ignored on this thread... hi hello I'm in cincinnati anyone want to be my friend?! meet up and go for a swim?! this is me putting myself out there so someone please be polite and say hello to me!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Hi! I don't think you're being ignored, I just think that the few mers in your area aren't very active on the network right now...it comes in cycles...people come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Hi! I don't think you're being ignored, I just think that the few mers in your area aren't very active on the network right now...it comes in cycles...people come and go.
    thank you for acknowledging me! I've been on this site for over a month now and only one person has responded to me. thankfully we got to meet up but i would like to make more friends too! where abouts are you located? maybe we could meet up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Tami View Post
    I saw a post of a mer in Ohio but for some reason I couldn't comment on it. I'm Mermaid Tami and I'm in Mansfield between Cleveland and Columbus just wondering if there's anyone else in my area.

I think you're pretty close to me. I'm in a small town near Canton.
    That awkward moment when someone says mermaids aren't real... And I'm standing right next to them...

<3 I also go by
    Mermaid Myra as that is my business persona

<strike>
    </strike>

Check out my new Instagram page! <3
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidmyraofficial/

Come visit me on FaceBook!
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidmyra/

Swim by my YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7...J8Shs1b10Psjrg

~Formerly known as "Mermaid Nerin"~

Quote Originally Posted by Arquamella Culture View Post
    thank you for acknowledging me! I've been on this site for over a month now and only one person has responded to me. thankfully we got to meet up but i would like to make more friends too! where abouts are you located? maybe we could meet up!
    Hey there dear! You're not being ignored, there are just so few Great Lakes Mer's about sometimes we forget this is here! I am happy to be your friend and would love to get to know you my mer-sister!

Currently....I am tailless so I cannot meet up and swim anywhere, BUT my best friend and I BOTH ordered Merbellas tails in June so some time next year we can totally meet up and swim! Cincy isn't far from me and I have tons of friends there.

I actually found 2 MORE Ohio mers that I have never met today online!

Next year once our tails are in I may be hosting a Great Lakes Pod meetup in Ohio! I have lots and lots of photographer connections and places to swim.

I would love to be friends on Facebook as well if you want to! https://www.facebook.com/jackie.steinert

Hope you're well!
    ~A mermaid found a swimming lad, picked him for her own, pressed her body to his body,and made the sea their home~

sweet! i can't wait to see your new tail when it comes! we can meet up even without going for a swim! swimming isn't mandatory! we could grab a cup of coffee or something! i like to make friends! i would so love to meet new photographers! and models! i too do some modeling but my photographer list is very small and most of my friends that do work in that industry are always very busy or are on a trip somewhere far away...
    thanks for the add on Facebook! I am on there more than i am hear! i currently have a fun fin or fin fun whichever you call it. but I'm saving up for a merbellas tail so someday in the future i will have one! I'm new to mermaiding but love the idea of becoming pro! so I'm interested in learning as much as i can from people! so if you have any useful info let me know! thank you for weighting back! it means a lot to me!

i wish there was a "like" button on this site!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I'm just outside of NYC in North Jersey...quite a way from Ohio, I'm afraid!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    I'm just outside of NYC in North Jersey...quite a way from Ohio, I'm afraid!
    thats cool maybe if i can some how save some money we could visit where your from!