Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are there any Mers in Ohio!

so from what I'm told the great lakes pod is going to have a small get together at Caesar Creek State Park on the 18th around noonish - one! if anyone is interested hit up- mers of the great lakes page https://www.facebook.com/groups/1042958342426407/

Quote Originally Posted by Arquamella Culture View Post
    so from what I'm told the great lakes pod is going to have a small get together at Caesar Creek State Park on the 18th around noonish - one! if anyone is interested hit up- mers of the great lakes page https://www.facebook.com/groups/1042958342426407/
    Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea to do Facebook!!

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidNerenia View Post
    Hey there dear! You're not being ignored, there are just so few Great Lakes Mer's about sometimes we forget this is here! I am happy to be your friend and would love to get to know you my mer-sister!

Currently....I am tailless so I cannot meet up and swim anywhere, BUT my best friend and I BOTH ordered Merbellas tails in June so some time next year we can totally meet up and swim! Cincy isn't far from me and I have tons of friends there.

I actually found 2 MORE Ohio mers that I have never met today online!

Next year once our tails are in I may be hosting a Great Lakes Pod meetup in Ohio! I have lots and lots of photographer connections and places to swim.

I would love to be friends on Facebook as well if you want to! https://www.facebook.com/jackie.steinert

Hope you're well!
    Please keep us all posted about a meet up for this next season! I also have some photographers that might be interested in coming depending where the meet up is. I'm between Cleveland and Columbus. Do you have a location in mind yet?

Will definitely keep you posted Tami

Roundlake Lodge (private camp, rentable facilities including lake), Zane Shawnee Caverns (owned and operated by local Shawnee they have an amazing large natural swimming pond), Sunfish Creek, Mohican Gatton Rock, Clearfork, Caesars Creek, Mineral Springs Lake, White Starr Quarry, Long's Retreat. Lots of possibilities just depends on if we want to swim mostly, or do photos mostly. The ones listed are more 'swimming locations' for photo locations I have a couple others as well.
    ~A mermaid found a swimming lad, picked him for her own, pressed her body to his body,and made the sea their home~

Caesar's Creek has a bit of hiking to get to the good locations. You definitely want to go after a nice rain for full effect. But it is lovely out there. Be wary that the creek bed is a bit low, so you're likely to scrape your tail.

Another nice place to stretch your fins is Rocky Fork. But it's more for swimming than photography. It has a massive beach with waves rolling in constantly. I had a blast when I went there and will likely be holding a meet up for mers in that area, sometime next year, myself.

Lake Logan is also an option, and a good middle ground for many mers in the Ohio area, if you're wanting to do a meet up. If you can swing it, Old Man's cave has gorgeous locations - but the hike is intense. With a silicond tail, I'm not sure if it could be accomplished.

Chagrin Falls is one place I'm dying to visit. It's up north as well, closer to your area, Tami. It's a bit too far for me (over a four hour drive), but gorgeous nonetheless.

Someone also mentioned the Dunes. GORGEOUS there, but it's in Indiana. I had to list it, just because of how lovely it looks in photos.

As Nerenia said, there are quite a few locations. The hard part is figuring out where to meet up that won't cost some mers over four hours and others an hour or less.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    It's like the tide, always falling and rising
    I will carry you here in my heart
    You'll remind me
    That come what may, I know the way
    I am Moana - Disney's Moana

It sucks that Alum Creek has had issues with that crazy bacteria in the water it really would be perfect in some spots. My dad has a fairly large boat and it would be perfect for us for a day out there. We put in frequently up at Clearfork and I have seen several awesome photo spots there.
    ~A mermaid found a swimming lad, picked him for her own, pressed her body to his body,and made the sea their home~

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidNerenia View Post
    It sucks that Alum Creek has had issues with that crazy bacteria in the water it really would be perfect in some spots. My dad has a fairly large boat and it would be perfect for us for a day out there. We put in frequently up at Clearfork and I have seen several awesome photo spots there.
    There are some pretty nice spots that have been trashed by the bacteria or ruined by locals doing dangerous things. It really sucks.

I'll keep an eye out for spots, through the winter season. See if I can find anything online. I plan to do at least two trips this year, so hopefully I can find some pretty nice places in my ventures.

You'll remind me

Hayden Falls was amazing and then they blocked it off for swimming with the deck and railings. We used to go out there all the time to cool off in the summer and it was stunning, and RIGHT in downtown Columbus. You still can...I know photographers that still risk it, but there is that sign that they'll write you a nasty ticket if they catch you swimming there now.

Name:  20110809HaydenFalls-049t-M.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  129.4 KB

Name:  hayden-falls-hayden-falls_0.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  119.4 KB

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 509
Size:  203.3 KB

Columbus is about an hour from me, I know there are several Mers there already. Definitely hiking with a silicone tail doesn't sound fun! Ince we have a date and location, I'll try to get one or two of my photographers to come along!

Those photos are beautiful! I'm thinking we would want to be able to swim as well as do photos. If we could find clear water we could get some videos! I was looking at White Starr Query but I thinks that's probably pretty far for most people.

Hello! I am a novice mermaid currently in the Cleveland area. I thought I would check this thread out!

Welcome!

hey guys just wanted to check in with you all and see how everyone is doing!

Trying to get my decorations up!

hey yall, I'm from toledo, so my primary water hole is lake erie, but it would be really cool to meet up with some of you. are there any meet ups scheduled?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bathyal View Post
    hey yall, I'm from toledo, so my primary water hole is lake erie, but it would be really cool to meet up with some of you. are there any meet ups scheduled?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I don't believe there are any scheduled just yet, due to the weather. You'll likely hear something closer to the summer months. We held one in September and I have plans to try and set up another next year, if all goes well. (Hopefully a bit more smoothly than this past one.)

You'll remind me

It would be great to meet everyone!

Hey there its nice to meet you! I'm an edgewater mermaid! We should swim sometime!
    I never knew my place in the world,but
    I found it here as a Merkin to everyone here.
    FTM Trans Gender-fluid Male
    I am Mer Reiko...
    #mermreiko

I hope to see more mermaids about, I know that we are far few and in between and this pod isn't really as active.
    I never knew my place in the world,but
    I found it here as a Merkin to everyone here.
    FTM Trans Gender-fluid Male
    I am Mer Reiko...
    #mermreiko