Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are there any Mers in Ohio!

Another Cleveland Mer here! So happy that there are others in the area.

Would be cool to go out for dinner or something sometime? Ohh! Maybe to Mellow Mushroom in Rocky River. Delicious pizza and calzones, plus that location is Pirate/Water themed.

Columbus mermaid, here! And I just found a gym nearby with a lap pool AND a leisure pool and they are 100% mer-friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lola View Post
    Columbus mermaid, here! And I just found a gym nearby with a lap pool AND a leisure pool and they are 100% mer-friendly
    Welcome!

Hi Lola, Is the gym your referring to Aquatic Adventures in Hilliard or another pool? I’m relatively new to Columbus and have been looking for indoor pools that will allow monofins/mermaid tails. I just found out about Aquatic Adventures.
    “The cure for anything is saltwater - sweat, tears, or the sea.”
    - Isak Dinesen

Greetings,
    I’m new to the MerNetwork community and relatively new to Columbus. I hope to have the chance to meet other local mermaids, get advice and recommendations, etc. Not only am I interested in the mermaiding aspect myself, I also would like to get photos of mermaids to use for reference in creating illustrations for a children’s book idea I am working on. I look forward to hearing from you!
    - Isak Dinesen

I'm from the Cleveland area, I didn't realize there were so many mers in Ohio I don't have a tail yet but SOON

Hello, I'm from the Cleveland area as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lola View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Erie View Post
    I'm from the Cleveland area, I didn't realize there were so many mers in Ohio I don't have a tail yet but SOON
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyamethyst View Post
    Hello, I'm from the Cleveland area as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Mermaid View Post
    Greetings,
    I’m new to the MerNetwork community and relatively new to Columbus. I hope to have the chance to meet other local mermaids, get advice and recommendations, etc. Not only am I interested in the mermaiding aspect myself, I also would like to get photos of mermaids to use for reference in creating illustrations for a children’s book idea I am working on. I look forward to hearing from you!
    You guys should all join the Great Lakes pod on facebook too! I also admin a discord where lots of us chat and I post links to upcoming events. If you want to join lemme know and I can post the link or you can click the link in my signature. Sometime this spring/summer I'm planning on having an Ohio swim meet up, you guys are welcome to join!
    https://www.facebook.com/Thumbelina-...3334293014461/ My new public profile page where I will prolly be posting swim meetups. I'll be sharing different mer related things I find interesting and conservation/foundations that help prevent trashing our world.
    https://www.instagram.com/thumbelina_the_water_nymph/ Instagram.
    I follow/like/add back if others do. I'll be trying to update each and everyone of these as much as I can. So check back often! I follow anyone who follows me as long as it's mermaid/ocean/conservation related.

I'm currently taking a break from Facebook but I do have discord.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyamethyst View Post
    I'm currently taking a break from Facebook but I do have discord.
    I saw you join, I set up your account and welcomed you
    https://www.facebook.com/Thumbelina-...3334293014461/ My new public profile page where I will prolly be posting swim meetups. I'll be sharing different mer related things I find interesting and conservation/foundations that help prevent trashing our world.
    https://www.instagram.com/thumbelina_the_water_nymph/ Instagram.
    I follow/like/add back if others do. I'll be trying to update each and everyone of these as much as I can. So check back often! I follow anyone who follows me as long as it's mermaid/ocean/conservation related.

Hello from hilliard ^^

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    I dont need help growing up, I drink milk! -Ruby Rose

hey guys if your looking for some one to swim with in ohio hit me up on my Facebook page!!! I'm friendly! <3
    mermaid Arquamella
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidArquamellaCulture/

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Rubbles View Post
    Hello from hilliard ^^

Hello, Mermaid Rubbles, welcome to the MerNetwork! I’m not that far from you in Columbus.
    - Isak Dinesen

Hello, Mermaid Rubbles, welcome to the MerNetwork! I’m not that far from you in Columbus.
    Hello there! Gah I just realized that I never replyed to this. I saw you mentioned Aquatic Adventures! I go there regularly to swim too!

Hello! I'm from around the Cleveland area too.

Do we have a spreadsheet of areas that are mer-friendly? Also could I be added to the Discord group too?

Edit : I just joined the Facebook group but I am hardly ever on, but its a try at least? XD
    Last edited by Paergence; 06-07-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Rubbles View Post
    Hello there! Gah I just realized that I never replyed to this. I saw you mentioned Aquatic Adventures! I go there regularly to swim too!
    I’ve been swimming at the LA Fitness pool in Hilliard because I had a great membership deal through my health insurance. Great for laps but not for much of anything else (too shallow for much maneuverability). I look forward to trying out the Aquatics Adventures pool sometime- perhaps if a meet up comes together there.
    - Isak Dinesen

I’ve been swimming at the LA Fitness pool in Hilliard because I had a great membership deal through my health insurance. Great for laps but not for much of anything else (too shallow for much maneuverability). I look forward to trying out the Aquatics Adventures pool sometime- perhaps if a meet up comes together there.
    Actually im planning one right now! I posted a thread for it a few days ago i think!

A meet up would be so much fun, I have a lot of family in Ohio and never seen another mer before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Velos View Post
    A meet up would be so much fun, I have a lot of family in Ohio and never seen another mer before.
    Is it northern or southern ohio?

Northern ohio/cleveland to avon area, but I pass through Cincinnati while traveling