Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nonprofessional mermaids just goofing off

Yep, the purple one in the video is me I squished my old fabric tail in my suitcase since I was travelling to Brisbane for other reasons and organised to swim with everyone, it was awesome!

So glad this thread exists!!!!
    I'm a casual, recreational mer, and I love making videos and doing photoshoots!

I am so excited about this thread! I am a recreational mer as well. I am hoping this spring & summer I will be able to find more time to mermaid. I am also hoping to get some underwater photos/video now that I have a little camera with an underwater housing because I have been so inspired by all of the videos and photos of all of you mers.

Here is me making my dork face while swimming in Vortex Springs.
    Name:  IMG_1227.JPG
Views: 668
Size:  508.0 KB

So far Vortex has been my favorite place I have mermaided at. I stayed there with a group of friends for a weekend and one afternoon I was taking a girl I know to swim with me (she wants her own mermaid tail and I invited her swimming) and a bunch of people gathered on the dock to watch and from the crowd a little girl emerged and I swam up and sat on the dock stairs and let her pet my fluke. The adults in the crowd wanted to see how fast I could swim so I took off as fast as I could which was pretty fun. What I had really been trying to do on the trip was freak out scuba divers. They seemed so concentrated on diving that I wanted to surprise them (without getting in their way of course), but I think hardly any of them noticed when I was following them underwater. That and I think many of them didn't care whatsoever.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

I'm sure I fall in this level. :P Sadly, I don't get many opportunities to swim, let alone chances to swim in my tail. Been itching to try some more at some point though!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    I am so excited about this thread! I am a recreational mer as well. I am hoping this spring & summer I will be able to find more time to mermaid. I am also hoping to get some underwater photos/video now that I have a little camera with an underwater housing because I have been so inspired by all of the videos and photos of all of you mers.

Here is me making my dork face while swimming in Vortex Springs.
    Name:  IMG_1227.JPG
Views: 668
Size:  508.0 KB

So far Vortex has been my favorite place I have mermaided at. I stayed there with a group of friends for a weekend and one afternoon I was taking a girl I know to swim with me (she wants her own mermaid tail and I invited her swimming) and a bunch of people gathered on the dock to watch and from the crowd a little girl emerged and I swam up and sat on the dock stairs and let her pet my fluke. The adults in the crowd wanted to see how fast I could swim so I took off as fast as I could which was pretty fun. What I had really been trying to do on the trip was freak out scuba divers. They seemed so concentrated on diving that I wanted to surprise them (without getting in their way of course), but I think hardly any of them noticed when I was following them underwater. That and I think many of them didn't care whatsoever.
    Photo bomb each time the scuba divers take a photo.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Fish View Post
    This is a thread dedicated to adventures of amateur mermaids: pictures, tales of swimming in local pools, and whatever else strikes our fancy. We may lurk in the shadows of Mernetwork, and we may not have high ambitions of super mer-stardom, but we love to goof off in our tails!

Some of us even showed up at N.C. MerMania! So much fun.

Attachment 35888
    Firstly, I LOVE that this thread exists! Secondly, I have to know where did you get your tail from Dancing Fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Photo bomb each time the scuba divers take a photo.
    Love it!
    You could also get a set of vampire fangs and smile at them underwater...

Also, I love this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by leomar View Post
    Firstly, I LOVE that this thread exists! Secondly, I have to know where did you get your tail from Dancing Fish?
    I made it using Pearlie's method! And the kid's tail too. There's a thread somewhere out here on it, but I'm too lazy to link it.

I'm so happy to see all the other hobby-mers coming out to chat!
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    My tailmaking thread is pretty much decimated.

But I have named my XXL scales 'Dancing Fish Scales'!

Quote Originally Posted by LouLouBelle View Post
    Love it!
    You could also get a set of vampire fangs and smile at them underwater...

Also, I love this thread!

Yesssss!!! Oh my gosh now I really want to do that.

Link for Dancing Fish's Tailmaking Topic: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...c-one-silicone
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes The Magic Crafter's Avatar
    Follow The Magic Crafter On Twitter Add The Magic Crafter on Facebook Add The Magic Crafter on Google+
    Visit The Magic Crafter's Youtube Channel
    I'm a recreational mer too! As you can see in the picture... I don't actually get to go out and swim as much as I'd like, so I just settle for flopping around on the ground and doing videos!

I did get to a pool in Lansing once though! Stayed at a hotel with my sister, to go visit her boyfriend, and the hotel HAD THE NICEST POOL (Warm, nice atmosphere, glass windows that let me see the lobby... oh so dreamy... <3 )! I swam for 7+ hours over the course of the trip. My sister's boyfriend was just telling me the other day that people are still talking about the random mermaid they saw there, and he keeps showing people the pictures! Hahahha! Oops!

But Oh my gosh... what is this I hear about vampire fangs!?!?! YEEESS! DO IT!

Name:  Mermaid-Phantom-Ghosty-Edit1-SMALL.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  550.0 KB

(P.S.) This photo looks awful big to me. If it's too big, I can delete it, no problem! I hope it's okay?
    Last edited by The Magic Crafter; 03-10-2016 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Wait... is this picture too big?? I can delete it, if so! :o
    New YouTube Videos Every Week!!
    I can be found at www.TheMagicCrafter.com

This is my tail!
    ~*~ Please call me "Phantom!" ~*~

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!)
    It's big, but it's fine by me anyway.

Also, I have the magenta finfun too!

Think that's gonna be how I get my first chance to swim in my Fin Fun tail, gotta go on a trip and find a hotel with a pool. I rarely get opportunities to swim so my poor tails sit there in the closet waiting to get used.

Follow The Magic Crafter On Twitter Add The Magic Crafter on Facebook Add The Magic Crafter on Google+
    Sabrina: Oops! I hope the moderators don't mind! But I love mine to death! The colors are so vibrant!! <3

Merman Mike: Do it!! If you call ahead, you might even be able to find one that won't make you pay for a room. I think some will let you just pay for a pool pass, if you ask about it. And hey... you can always flop around on the floor too, right? XD

This is my tail!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    My tailmaking thread is pretty much decimated.

But I have named my XXL scales 'Dancing Fish Scales'!
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

Of course! Any chance to be a mer is a good chance! XD

I'm taking swimming lessons and my teacher lets me play with my fin at the end of each session. Last night I had great fun swimming through a hoop (with monofin) and picking up sinkers that the teacher had thrown from the shallow end towards the deep end. (She did get a bit of a reprimanding look from one of the pool attendants when she did that! ) I love those sort of lessons!

Haha, sounds like a dolphin doing tricks! (OMG, that's totally what we all are......)

In the summer of 2014 I decided that I wanted to take my tail to my local public lake. I was a little nervous at first thinking I was going to get a lot of negative reactions, but actually nobody really seemed to care which made me happy. It wasn't until a week later that I learned that they found a high level of E.coli in that lake. I have never swam in it since......

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lied View Post
    In the summer of 2014 I decided that I wanted to take my tail to my local public lake. I was a little nervous at first thinking I was going to get a lot of negative reactions, but actually nobody really seemed to care which made me happy. It wasn't until a week later that I learned that they found a high level of E.coli in that lake. I have never swam in it since......

Oh my gosh! Yuuck! I hope you and your tail got a nice scrub-down afterwords! Cool though, that you got to take it out for a bit!

This is my tail!