Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nonprofessional mermaids just goofing off

Oh hey! Casual mer thread! This is where I belong! Hi other casual mers!
    Mermaid lied, I've had a similar situation, that I thought of bringing my tail to this beautiful lake, but ended up not being able to due to car space. I'm so happy I didn't, because
    a, the mud all around the water was SUUUPER GROSS
    b, a week later I see in the news that there's totally some kinda brain eating amoeba in the sand!! I'm so worried for all the kids who WERE out swimming.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Mallet Island Mermaid View Post
    I'm a recreational mer too! As you can see in the picture... I don't actually get to go out and swim as much as I'd like, so I just settle for flopping around on the ground and doing videos!

I did get to a pool in Lansing once though! Stayed at a hotel with my sister, to go visit her boyfriend, and the hotel HAD THE NICEST POOL (Warm, nice atmosphere, glass windows that let me see the lobby... oh so dreamy... <3 )! I swam for 7+ hours over the course of the trip. My sister's boyfriend was just telling me the other day that people are still talking about the random mermaid they saw there, and he keeps showing people the pictures! Hahahha! Oops!

But Oh my gosh... what is this I hear about vampire fangs!?!?! YEEESS! DO IT!

Attachment 36024

(P.S.) This photo looks awful big to me. If it's too big, I can delete it, no problem! I hope it's okay?
    Your tail is beautiful!!! You're beautiful!!! Love the pic

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes The Magic Crafter's Avatar
    Follow The Magic Crafter On Twitter Add The Magic Crafter on Facebook Add The Magic Crafter on Google+
    Visit The Magic Crafter's Youtube Channel
    Aww!! Why thank you, Mermaid Nelly!
    New YouTube Videos Every Week!!
    I can be found at www.TheMagicCrafter.com

This is my tail!
    ~*~ Please call me "Phantom!" ~*~

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    i wish i c0u1d g0 swiming m0re 0ften but swimming f0r fun is the best type 0f swiming

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Quote Originally Posted by The Mallet Island Mermaid View Post
    Oh my gosh! Yuuck! I hope you and your tail got a nice scrub-down afterwords! Cool though, that you got to take it out for a bit!
    My tail probably got it's best cleaning session ever after I heard the news about the lake. I heard that the E.coli was caused by a near by dairy farm and something to do with the cow's feces going down a stream or something like that. I was just happy that I didn't get sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dividedbyziro View Post
    Oh hey! Casual mer thread! This is where I belong! Hi other casual mers!
    Mermaid lied, I've had a similar situation, that I thought of bringing my tail to this beautiful lake, but ended up not being able to due to car space. I'm so happy I didn't, because
    a, the mud all around the water was SUUUPER GROSS
    b, a week later I see in the news that there's totally some kinda brain eating amoeba in the sand!! I'm so worried for all the kids who WERE out swimming.

Oh, yikes! Thank goodness luck was on your side! Those poor kids!

I haven't heard of any mass deaths of kids since then, so in theory they're all okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lied View Post
    Oh, yikes! Thank goodness luck was on your side! Those poor kids!
    At least your ok that's what's important

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Rocky Mountain Pod BubbleNeon's Avatar
    Totally off subject, but I have a question for all of you guys.

My friend and I are really into mermaids, and we want to get our own mermaids tails, but we struggle.

I'm a little uncomfortable swimming in public with a tail. Just thinking about it makes me super nervous. I thought having a friend to mermaid with me would help, but she is so busy during "Swimming Season" that I would be alone most of the time.

Do you guys ever get nervous, and how can I just Shia Leobouf and just do it?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleNeon View Post
    Totally off subject, but I have a question for all of you guys.

My friend and I are really into mermaids, and we want to get our own mermaids tails, but we struggle.

I'm a little uncomfortable swimming in public with a tail. Just thinking about it makes me super nervous. I thought having a friend to mermaid with me would help, but she is so busy during "Swimming Season" that I would be alone most of the time.

Do you guys ever get nervous, and how can I just Shia Leobouf and just do it?
    Ya know, I had the same exact problem when I first started mermaid swimming. Whenever I got to the pool, I'd hide in a corner to do my "swims". Granted then I didn't have any strength so corner swimming was more suited for me. All everyone ever saw of me, including the lifeguards, were a ton of splashing and a lot of catching my breath! Months later, I decided one day at the pool, stuff it, I'm hogging the whole lane! Then a year later after I'd move house, I started wearing tails because this pool is much bigger and deeper. Its a proper swimming centre as opposed to a club pool.

After awhile, you'll get used to it, have compliments, and even kids swimming along with you. Don't ever let your inhibitions get in the way of having fun. Who cares what people think as long as you're not getting in their way, or messing up the lanes or even chasing after kids. The latter, I just do my thing which is swimming, if the kids are interested they'll swim TO me.
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 03-19-2016 at 11:43 PM.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Nothing is off topic here<3
    Think of the best and worst possible reactions for you, then rationalize how likely those scenarios are to happen!

Personally, I'm terrified about getting in trouble. Cops being called, sudden "pool rules", running into a nutria, ect.

An ok reaction is no one caring and me being left alone to swim.

But I love making people smile and having pictures taken. Especially when people get super excited, or I inspire others. My favourite thing is a shout of delight of "OH MY GOD A MERMAID"
    yeah, technically I'm a merman, but I really don't care. I'm feminine and it doesn't bother me. Im not usually so extroverted, but man. There's just something about going swimming that makes me super outgoing and friendly.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Keena's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Keena on Facebook
    this is my little sis (on the right) and myself practicing our "Mermaid Shelfies" =D

Below is from Treasure Hunting at our local "reefy" beach! <3 <3
    Name:  12043054_1032548246804753_7681221186369481697_n.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  95.4 KB Name:  1915531_1032548203471424_619621029523262083_n.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  135.1 KB Name:  12799435_1032547723471472_7008882330753302095_n.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  94.7 KB Name:  12795393_1032548493471395_7460264993560816202_n.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  96.9 KB
    Last edited by Mermaid Keena; 03-19-2016 at 11:02 PM. Reason: HUGE PICS!!
    Okay, get a grip, get the hang of this flipper,
    It's like slipping two feet into one big huge slipper.
    I can't believe I can do this and more,
    To swim in the sea like I walk on the shore.
    Out of my shell not closed up like a clam,
    Look out sea, this is me, here I am....

"Little Mermaid 2 Return to the Sea"

Awesome!

I think a lot of it has to do with age.

I feel like it's more normal for an adult, rather than a teenager. I have no idea why either.

Ugh, I struggle so much though. I wish I could just throw myself in the pool, but all of it just makes me so nervous.

Teenagers are "Too Old" to do it, but Adults "know what they are doing, and are having fun."

Also Keena, Love those "Shelfies"!

I'm a teenager

you wouldn't happen to live in Oregon, do you?

I'm a teenager

And no one gives you problems?! I feel like where I live everyone expects teenagers to be super "mature"/Boring

Not really. A few have, but then I just smile because I'm having more fun than them and they're just afraid to admit it.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleNeon View Post
    I think a lot of it has to do with age.

I feel like it's more normal for an adult, rather than a teenager. I have no idea why either.

Ugh, I struggle so much though. I wish I could just throw myself in the pool, but all of it just makes me so nervous.

Teenagers are "Too Old" to do it, but Adults "know what they are doing, and are having fun."

Also Keena, Love those "Shelfies"!
    I am an adult and I didn't know what I was doing!!! My memory is pretty bad. I watched youtube vids but by the time, I get to the pool, I can't remember how the trick goes!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Not really. A few have, but then I just smile because I'm having more fun than them and they're just afraid to admit it.

Jaffa's right, and your attitude is great! I'm way older than most here, and if you want advice from an Old, life is short, and in the end, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did.

Own it! Be fierce! You're MER!