Good morning my fellow merfolk,

I recently left college during my sophomore year due to health problems, and I've been really wanting to go back...except I had no idea what I wanted to do. I was a psychology major and a social work major before that, but ever since I've been getting involved in mer-culture, I've been thinking that maybe I want to work for the sea.

There's a university within an hour from me, where I could stay on campus if I want....but probably won't, and they offer one of the very few Marine and Freshwater Biology majors in my state! It's supposedly a good program that requires study abroad in the Melbourne Australia area, which is sooooo cool. I want to do it so bad, but I don't know if I'm smart enough for it.

Does anybody here have experience with Marine Biology? I'm not very good at chemistry and math beyond algebra (trig really killed me), but I love biology and I have a passion for helping all creatures big and small. What kind of classes would I be looking at? What skills would I need if I want to pursue this path? I need as much advice as I can get.

Thank you!