Thread: NC Mermania 2017

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Imma cuddle your face so hard. LOL expect ALL the cuddles

Pearlie is coming?! Now it's a party!

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Are you a mer interested in volunteering for our story time and kid's swim? head on over to our group for a discussion on volunteering!https://www.facebook.com/groups/1651933308385534/ (must join the group to be able to participate in discussion)

Name:  volunteers.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  320.5 KB

I officially have my plane ticket for MerMania! Woohoo.

Anybody want to split the cost of a hotel room?

Triton Mahtlinnie of Puget Sound
    Facebook / Tumblr

Fantastic

there are major DNS attacks happening today in the US against major internet servers, one being what we use for payment for mermania >.>

So seriously, I am trying to finish up setting up things for international participants, and then everything will be launched together. It is driving me nuts that it's taking so long.

But I have been plugging away at updates on the website and tickets will be this weekend for sure finally.

PLENTY OF UPDATES HERE FOLKS

Tickets will be on sale very very soon.

First off, thanks to people who volunteered for the kid's swim & story time. It looks like we have enough people to run the event. If you're local to NC we're hoping people will spread the word and the flyer.

The schedule is now live:

Name:  NMM.JPG
Views: 508
Size:  26.0 KB

Name:  JMNMN.JPG
Views: 502
Size:  92.3 KB

Name:  NMNM,M,.JPG
Views: 517
Size:  74.3 KB

The Events Page is also Live with More Updates To Come!

http://ncmermania.com/events/

And we are slowly rolling out announcements for special guests! Starting with....

Name:  tumblr_inline_nqtej8hUG61ryfgxw_1280.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  299.6 KB
    Last edited by AniaR; 10-22-2016 at 10:02 PM.

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Hi! I might be able to drive down for at least one day since I am young mer in high school, what day would you suggest would be the best to come? (Saturday or Sunday)

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

By popular demand... the merwrangling workshop! Merwrangler Sean of the multi-award winning Halifax Mermaids is going to talk merwrangling! From what to look for in hiring someone, what to do if you don't have one, and what to do if you are the merwrangler! Moving mermaids, safety, helping with the business and more.
    The workshop is $15 and Sean is actually volunteering her services so the workshop cost will go directly to help offset convention costs. (isn't he a nice guy that way?)
    Sean co-owns Halifax Mermaids and Canadian Mermaids. He has an HR Certificate and a Business Degree. He's been working for small businesses most of his life and help manage a team of 9 in Halifax. He's well prepared to answer your questions.
    Register for this workshop on the website. There is limited spacing and it's only being offered once during the convention. ncmermania.com

Name:  24-10-2016 2-45-11 PM.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  144.0 KB

I know there was talk of the ball not being included in the price of the ticket but I am unable to locate any info on it. Could you let us know if the ball ticket will be going live soon? Thanks bunches!

Quote Originally Posted by Acqua Luna View Post
    I know there was talk of the ball not being included in the price of the ticket but I am unable to locate any info on it. Could you let us know if the ball ticket will be going live soon? Thanks bunches!
    As it says on the website the ball tickets are coming soon. We are still working on finalizing the catering for the ball + dinner option.

You'll be able to choose ball only, ball + dinner, or dinner only. Soon, I promise!

Quote Originally Posted by exdraghunt View Post
    I officially have my plane ticket for MerMania! Woohoo.

Anybody want to split the cost of a hotel room?
    Awesome my mersis Mandi Renee is looking to split cost of room she is on fb Mermaid Mandi

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk

Join us again for a mixer and craft swap. Enjoy music with a DJ, get a professional photo taken by Shelli Craig Photography while you're all decked out, enjoy some great food, show off your crafting, and meet other mers! The mixer was a really fun event last year that allowed every one a chance to break the ice! Tickets are $15 (to cover cost of food + DJ) we hope to "sea" you there! ncmermania.com

Name:  26-10-2016 2-47-46 PM.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  171.1 KB

The whole thing looks like so much fun. I think I'd be in heaven at the craft swap!

Seriously thinking of saving for the 2018 one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does your convention pass get you?

Entrance into the Greensboro Aquatic Center all day Saturday and all day Sunday with access to the very deep dive well! Media will be present and you could get on the news! You'll also have the chance to get special above water photos taken by Shelli Craig photography and access to our unique vendors!

Access to our after-hours convention swims at the Sheraton Hotel pool!

An Aqua Yoga Class on Sunday!

Access to our Expert Panel featuring Tail makers, published authors, famed mer-folk, and more

Access to our specially requested panel from the community of Mers of Color who will be speaking about their unique experiences in the mer-community!

Access to our closing ceremonies! Recap the weekend with all your favourite fishfolk.

Your admission fee directly goes to cover the cost of renting the GAC facility for the weekend, and the extra access at the hotel (extra pool hours, and meeting rooms etc) Mermania is a not-for-profit event put on by volunteers committed to making the best mer-experience for the mer-community

grab your convention passes at ncmermania.com

So, my ride just bailed on me. Are there any other rides coming from Florida that could help a mer out? My hotel reservation starts on Thursday and goes to Monday morning.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Saren's Avatar
    Follow Saren On Twitter
    Follow Saren on Tumblr Visit Saren's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidCelesteFL View Post
    So, my ride just bailed on me. Are there any other rides coming from Florida that could help a mer out? My hotel reservation starts on Thursday and goes to Monday morning.
    Hey Celeste I'm driving From Florida to Mermania with one other mer. However our reservation is from Friday until Monday. We're leaving from Orlando Friday at 6am. Just an option if you can't find anything else.
    Mermaid Saren
    ||Tumblr||YouTube||Instagram||Twitter||

user formerly known as Fayrn

You can always change your reservation to Friday if you're stuck nothing will start until 7pm Friday evening

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast