Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: NC Mermania 2017

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    For anyone who missed the livestream I uploaded it to youtube

Good morning everyone! And Happy New Year! I am so excited to see everyone at Mermania and am thankful that Dan and his team was able to take the torch and keep the community meeting together in such a large convention setting. I have something I would like to say but cannot reach out to most of the Mer's and Mermen so I'm just going to do it here. I have unblocked everyone on my Facebook and dropped my guard I do not want to fight and or have hard feelings anymore ...I am sorry for any hard feelings that have occurred from myself or my fiancé . We are both sorry and want no more drama but only want the best for everyone. I am personally apologizing for any hurt to Raina, and Chris Obrocci who meant a lot to me . I am proud of you both and I believe you are both extremely sucsseful. Congrats on this success .. I will be at the convention . My fiancé and I just want to swim together meet some new faces and hug some friends. I want to forget the past and for god sakes never repeat it. Good luck to the future and know I'm not looking for sympathy or anything else I am simply saying let's move on and have a really good time. Thank you Dan so much and your whole team for putting on this incredible event .. we know hard work and not much play goes into these things. Hope everyone has a wonderful and very Fintastic New Year!!!

I hope you have lots of fun at Mermania EdenSirene. That was a really nice post.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Thanks very much Eden. No issue here from us, but sincerely appreciate the apology. The event is going to be amazing and I've worked so hard along with Sean and Venessa to make sure that everyone is going to have a blast. I am excited it's finally almost here.

We are just as excited as well and now we're just trying to do the fun stuff like figuring out what to wear!! I know Chris is loving that instead of stressing. We're so excited to swim and go to a convention. I know I for one am literally counting down the days! I am especially excited to share this with my son Xander! See everyone soon��

EARLY REGISTRATION:

You can pick up your welcome packages early if you like, from 6:00-7:30pm outside the mixer room. (The Mixer room is across from the pool when you come into the hotel).Your package will have your entrance band into the convention, your forms you need to sign, and some special gifts and deals from sponsors. If you're part of the first 100 to pick up your package, you'll get a gift valued at $50 from Mermaid Tail Party. You can also come to early registration and purchase tickets for the mixer or other events if you have not done so already. We can take cash or credit card- no debit reader sorry. The mixer itself will start at 7pm. There will be light food, entertainment, music, ice breakers, and our craft swap. Hope to "sea" you there! Regular registration starts Saturday morning at the GAC.

Did you hear? Our diversity panel at
    NC Mer-Mania 2017
    now includes FREE BREAKFAST. You can come down Saturday at 9:30am and start your day with some free breakfast snacks and drinks, and listen to the mer-mazing panel we have lined up for you. The panel will take place in the same room as the mixer, across from the pool (The Imperial Room). This is a great chance to have a discussion about the difference we all face, how to empower each other, and make this community and industry more inclusive to all.

IMPORTANT HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO.

For those of you who came last year, about 17 of us ended up contracting Hot tub folliculitis on Sunday night the last night at the con, from the hotel hot tub. Though the hotel staff were very diligently cleaning the pool and the hot tub all weekend, having close to 200 people come through made bacteria levels rise and they were not expecting such a steady stream of people Sunday night. This year we're trying to be really proactive to make sure no one has to worry about the hot tub. (the incident was isolated only to the hot tub at the hotel, not the pool or the GAC)

So we've spoken directly with hotel staff to make sure the water is being monitored extra with all this extra traffic, and adjusted accordingly. BUT You can help lower the risk as well! Please shower off before hopping in the hot tub. This is also great practice for any pool facility and is good to do before hopping in the GAC or the hotel pool Just a quick rinse goes a long way when we've got 200 people in the water.

Hot tubs as always are use are your own risk. Kids, and those with high risk health conditions should refrain from using them.

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    It hasn't even started but y'all are making me jealous UGH

I hope everyone has a great time <3

Member Pod of The South Coral Corey's Avatar
    Add Coral Corey on Facebook
    On my way there now! ��

MermaidTailParty.com proud sponsor

I am sooo excited for this to Happen and super prouds to be a sponsor of this years event. I have a mermaid website I would love some attention on it or like my facebookpage.com/mermaidtailparty I sell items people can use in mermaid events I design most items myself I have 2 types of tails for sale. my site is mermaidtailparty.com

Name:  2017_1_3_mermaidtailparty smaller.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  405.0 KB

I made it! Woooo!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook
    SOOOOO tempted to come. I've had a sick co-worker and have been doing double-shifts all week, and just learned about this on Monday - but I think I'm gonna get up early in the morning and come on down from DC. Hope to make some finny friends!

Quote Originally Posted by MerGreg View Post
    SOOOOO tempted to come. I've had a sick co-worker and have been doing double-shifts all week, and just learned about this on Monday - but I think I'm gonna get up early in the morning and come on down from DC. Hope to make some finny friends!
    You should! The drive's not bad at all my boyfriend and I just did it, took us 5ish hours

Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Aria View Post
    You should! The drive's not bad at all my boyfriend and I just did it, took us 5ish hours

Google Maps has tomorrow morning's traffic at about 4 1/2 hours. NOT bad. Checking on the hotel right now.

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)

Visit Mermaid_Izzy's Youtube Channel
    I am officially packed! And suprsing my little brothers stuff takes up more room in out suitcase than mine does...

Our mom and step dad are driving us down in the morning to stay the weekend. I am so excited to see you all! Although I am still a little nervous having not met another Mer before. I look forward to this new, but slightly frighting experience!

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Just got home ahead of the storms. But want to say what a BLAST I had down there! Loved meeting the folks I met, wish I could have met some more. I highly recommend this as a relatively inexpensive great time - if you don't have huge travel expenses, hotel is clearly the biggest expense. Tix were SO worth it!

Glad you made it home safely!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

MerMania was SO mermazing this year! I had a whale of a time with all my merfriends! The best thing that happened was probably getting a competitor monofin from the FINIS booth for (drumroll please)...$50! I am blessed! I'd love to sea you all again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)

Visit Mermaid_Izzy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Whisper View Post
    MerMania was SO mermazing this year! I had a whale of a time with all my merfriends! The best thing that happened was probably getting a competitor monofin from the FINIS booth for (drumroll please)...$50! I am blessed! I'd love to sea you all again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree and that was such a steal!

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk