Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: NC Mermania 2017

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Aw nuts! Same thing happened to me two years ago...I think I saw one pic of me. Keep looking, some may surface.

I'm sorry we didn't connect! That just means we both must attend next year!
    I've been hunting all day for mermaid photos--still none! Gah! I looked through the Facebook thread of photo albums, absolutely nothing out of at least two hundred photos. Oh well. I'm just trying to get my lil business started back up, since it meant so much to my sister before she passed. It's giving me my passion back.

I'm not sure what my situation will be next year, but you're five hours away give or take and I have some family up in Jersey I'll make an excuse to meet you! It's important fishy business! (*winks at Raina*)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Whisper View Post
    I've looked through every gallery, the fan page, even the group photo, and I'm not in any of them I felt really outcasted at the event since I wasn't a model and wasn't too graceful but man, I tried. It was fun to meet everyone, though. Jon and Pearlie, I'm sad I didn't meet you! One day! Ah!

But you did get your professional photoshoot in, so you're a Mermaid Model now! Those will be better than any of the other random snapshots. Can't wait to see the pics of you with your new Clamkini (and your upgraded one will be in the mail soon)! I'll even put you on my website to show that mers of all sizes can wear seashells
    Lauren Chu ~ Mermaid Soluna
    HamptonsMermaid.com @HamptonsMermaid
    Miss Mermaid USA 2016/17, Miss Mermaid International 2016/17 2nd Runner Up

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    you were pretty adorable whisper

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    I missed this year's NC MerMania, but hopefully I can go next year!
    I'm just scared to go alone, as I'm new to the community C:

It looks awesome, but damn my anxiety... !
    I'm glad everyone had fun this year!
    <3
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebela Hunter View Post
    I missed this year's NC MerMania, but hopefully I can go next year!
    I'm just scared to go alone, as I'm new to the community C:

It looks awesome, but damn my anxiety... !
    I'm glad everyone had fun this year!
    <3
    As someone who has had lifelong issues with anxiety and showed up not knowing a soul, I can just tell you - this was a VERY open, accepting community. I didn't have the guts to try on a tail, but I know I will, and I know I'll be back next year.

I know it's tough, but please don't let anxiety issues control you. My life would have been SO much better if I had, in the words of Lady MacBeth, screwed my courage to the sticking place and just gone out and DONE things.

But hey - you're here. You're at least experimenting with this community. You have the guts to put on a tail and swim with it. All that takes guts. Rebela, in my book, that makes you a CHAMP.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Whisper View Post
    I've been hunting all day for mermaid photos--still none! Gah! I looked through the Facebook thread of photo albums, absolutely nothing out of at least two hundred photos. Oh well. I'm just trying to get my lil business started back up, since it meant so much to my sister before she passed. It's giving me my passion back.

I'm not sure what my situation will be next year, but you're five hours away give or take and I have some family up in Jersey I'll make an excuse to meet you! It's important fishy business! (*winks at Raina*)

Start saving now, ten bucks a week and you'll have plenty by the time the next convention rolls around!

As for photos, be patient! It hasn't been a week, yet! I still have pix I haven't even looked at and I'm an imaging pro! Gotta give merpeople time to go through and upload! (I do this every year with the Coney Island Mermaid Parade...sometimes it takes MONTHS to see a photo from an event!)

And next time we are at a gathering, we will make it a point to get underwater photos together! MERMAID GOALS!

I just wanted to pop in and say that I had a lovely time. I met so many new friendly faces and enjoyed reconnecting with familiar ones. I'm looking forward to the next one already. If by chance my photographer Ziggy Mack took photos of you you can reach him through FB or his IG @fomoloop . Thank you for the lovely photos Karsten and all the photographers who were there. 🐬

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    you were pretty adorable whisper
    I just saw this; you are still a sweetheart and I am apparently even more dorky in person! ☺

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Quote Originally Posted by HamptonsMermaid View Post
    But you did get your professional photoshoot in, so you're a Mermaid Model now! Those will be better than any of the other random snapshots. Can't wait to see the pics of you with your new Clamkini (and your upgraded one will be in the mail soon)! I'll even put you on my website to show that mers of all sizes can wear seashells
    I got it today and I am in LOVE with it! just as shiny and beautiful as I remember it with an extra dose of pretty. Smells the same, too thank you so much, ah! The packaging was gorgeous, the drawing was adorable, and I LOVED that the hair clip matched my tail colors ^.^ I always get so happy when people actually remember things about me!

I feel like a lot of you know me but have never *seen* me, if you know what I mean. I don't post many pictures, but I'm working on that!

Wait.

Soluna.

I'm a mermaid model now? 0.0 my dream, ah! I'm so excited to get photos back from MerMania! I signed the release and I'm over here dancing~~and my shots from the last mermaid event I did are pinned to the top of a discord server so that everyone can see them; apparently bigger mers tend to make a splash! As my slogan says, how a Whisper can make waves

I'm so very glad to have met all you amazing merfriends! It's been a long time coming. I can't wait to do it again someday!

Laumina the Storm Siren

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Start saving now, ten bucks a week and you'll have plenty by the time the next convention rolls around!

As for photos, be patient! It hasn't been a week, yet! I still have pix I haven't even looked at and I'm an imaging pro! Gotta give merpeople time to go through and upload! (I do this every year with the Coney Island Mermaid Parade...sometimes it takes MONTHS to see a photo from an event!)

And next time we are at a gathering, we will make it a point to get underwater photos together! MERMAID GOALS!
    Photos take time, yeah, but why not *less* time? :P kidding, of course. These people have lives outside of imaging. I'm just overly excited!

I wanted to see your tail in person after admiring your work from all these pictures (do you remember me drooling over Aysun's) but ah, it'll be even more mermazing when I do meet you in the water!

Laumina the Storm Siren

Yay so glad you love it Whisper! How could I forget how incredibly blue you were!

Haha yes it will smell like fresh paint (that's the waterproofing gloss coat) for a little but the smell will go away pretty soon.
    Lauren Chu ~ Mermaid Soluna
    HamptonsMermaid.com @HamptonsMermaid
    Miss Mermaid USA 2016/17, Miss Mermaid International 2016/17 2nd Runner Up

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook
    A few more news articles, videos, and more!

Full ABC News Coverage:

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/vide...ekend-45527781
    I LOVE this piece!!! Such a great story, and ZERO nasty slant!!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Hey folks we've had some more media come out, this is from BBC!

Here is a clipped version of the interview that went to air: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04txlrq

And the video with Dan's audio on the website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04txkn9

Here is the post on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BBCOutlook/...5014158952902/

More to come!

We've also invited a well known trans-activist to speak who is also a fan of mers! But not looking like it's going to line up with their schedule which is a big bummer you never know though!

Believe me this is a very upsetting thing and we're doing all we can to make things as safe as possible. We have hired security, have agreements with all our venues, and as far as participants in the convention there will be signed forms in place that cover everything under the sun- including this. It has been aknowledged multiple times and addressed directly with our venues.

We are all VERY hopeful that the elections will take care of this matter.

Last year, the trans community was welcomed with full arms, several members being featured in a positive light on local news as well. We stayed with the same venues specifically because they were so supportive last year, and promised to be so this year. I don't see a reason to change venues next year if they continue to be cooperative. Changing states is not something that can be easily done with an established convention- espcially when it comes to certain legalities and taxes and insurance, Dan is the owner of the convention and lives in NC. Especially after established connections and support.

The mer community actually has a very good history of addressing this stuff. One of the earliest mer-conventions was going to be at the mirage hotel, until it came out that the hotel manager was a huge bigot. and it was moved last minute despite the inconvience. I've been going for 4 years now, and all of the conventions I've attended have been in NC. Previous conventions actually had parts open to the public (such as a fashion show in a mall) unlike ours which is all pretty inclusive, and have yet to have an issue.

I'm not sure if you've attended these in the past or not but it might be cool to hook up with someone like Justin or Ed or Julz and ask them about their experiences at the previous conventions
    Better late than never to respond to my name drop I suppose. I almost forgot about this site...lol... I never had any issues both years I went. Everyone I interacted with was great. They really work to make it a very safe and inviting place for all. so if you are looking for a place to go that will accept you for being you, want to make new and interesting friends, then yeah, this is the place to be.

I now live in Cali, but hope to one day get to Mermania sooner or later. Travel budget just isn't there and I won't go crowdfunding tickets like I have seen done. But its a great group of people. I hope you went and were able to meet them in person!
    Owner of Under Sea Mermaid Co.

Life is short.... live like there is no tomorrow, and smile all the day....

Swim fast, swim deep, but always reach for your dreams.