Thread: NC Mermania 2017

I am planning to go to the event.
    Thanks for the info.
    Sink or Swim

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Awesome! I saw your group request

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Awesome! I saw your group request
    Yep. I can't wait for the event. A greatest adventure awaits.
    Sink or Swim

I can't believe this is going to happen this year I was suppose to go but missed it but this time I am so excited and can't wait to attend my first Mermaid event.

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Mandi
    http://www.MermaidMandi.wix.com/MermaidMandi
    http://www.facebook.com/MermaidMandi
    http://www.tumblr.com/MermaidMandi
    http://www.twitter.com/MermaidMandi
    http://www.instagram.com/Mermaid_Mandi

I just moved to the east coast, so I am hoping I can go this year! The last one looked so wonderful!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Formerly known as Lady pyrate Finley

Hey, I want so badly to go to this next year! But I don't know what the costs are, like for registration or if there is a hotel reserved for us. Is there anywhere where I can find that info? Or does anybody here know it who wouldn't mind posting it for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    I am working with the Greensboro Tourism Bureau this time around, to find the best hotel that suits our needs. I let them know that the Sheraton was wonderful but there were two other hotels in the area that also have wonderful indoor pools. I'll post information as it becomes available!
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Ok, great! Thanks, Merman Dan!

I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Formerly known as Lady pyrate Finley

All updates will be posted here, we're taking a little longer because we are securing good deals

I really wish I could come but it's always right in the middle of my family's yearly vacation.
    Mermaid Enora

I made this as a poster yesterday

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Summerlilly's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Summerlilly On Twitter
    I've always wanted to come to NC Mermainia! Alas it's too far and I can't drive, nor do I have any money for a plane. One day!
    beep boop get some soup

Can't wait to be able to swim in a huge pool like that with my tail! Agh I'm excited lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

it's a lovely pool

I can't wait. It's a long way away but it is worth the wait.
    Sink or Swim

Member Pod of The South Coral Corey's Avatar
    Add Coral Corey on Facebook
    I really hope I get to come this year!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    I would love to make it but I think I'm gonna be stuck enjoying it by proxy through everyone's social media. Too many other big commitments this year to justify a trip across the country....But one day most definitely.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

ANNOUNCEMENT
    You asked for it? You're going to get it. NC Mermania will be the first mermaid convention to host an EXPERT PANEL. Taking a page from successful cons around the world like Comic-con, we will be giving you a chance to ask questions to several mer-community experts.
    WE WILL BE ADDING MORE PANELISTS. But you should get to know the ones we have lined up so far (rolling out the rest will make for some fun announcements!)
    Submit a question for the co owners and artists of Finfolk Productions! Ask them about their experiences as tail makers, or their time in Hawaii!
    Are you a merman wondering where you fit in? Pick the brains of Merman Christian (Recently featured on CNN) on the life of professional and recreational mermen!
    Curious about the history of merfolk? Retired Weeki Wachee Springsmermaid Marla Spellenberg has SO MANY amazing behind the scenes stories to tell (I know because I've listened totally engrossed for hours). Hear about working as a weeki mer and how the park has evolved over the years.
    More to be announced!!!

ANNOUNCEMENT
    You wanted it? You're going to get it! Mermania is happy to announce Mermaid Hyli and her husband J.Berendt Photography will be providing an underwater posing class, along with underwater photography!
    We will have details on this awesome opportunity in the coming months. This was one of the most requested items on our feedback, and we are so excited this awesome couple have risen to the task!
    Hyli is a well established mermaid model, travelling, and working with many well known photographers. I can personally attest to her husband's skills, as the photos he took of myself and my mer-friends went viral online for all the right reasons.
    You wont want to miss out on this chance to up your underwater modelling game, and get some amazing photos in the process!!!
    More details coming soon! Check out their fanpages, give them a like and a follow! "Sea" their fin-tastic skills.