Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: NC Mermania 2017

How much of the convention is okay for people under 18/ how much of it will contain alcohol?
    When nothing goes right, go left.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Catkid View Post
    How much of the convention is okay for people under 18/ how much of it will contain alcohol?
    Good question! I would love to go, but I'll still be 17 at the time. Can I still participate in all the activities? (I won't be forced to the kiddie pool, right?)
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Catkid View Post
    The mixer, and the ball will have alcohol being served. We are still determining what regulations we'll be placing on children, and those under legal drinking age to both conform with NC regulations, and create spaces that are for adults. All of those details and many others will be announced once we settle on a hotel.

We are working with the city to get better hotel rates, to make things more affordable. So we can't move forward with scheduling until we know what hotel we have and what common areas we'll have access to.

Member Pod of The South Coral Corey's Avatar
    Add Coral Corey on Facebook
    To get an idea of how much tickets for Merfest will be.... How much were they last year?

Coral I don't believe the entrance ticket was much, maybe thirty ish dollars if my memory serves me right, maybe a bit more. But the dinner/dance was also a separate ticket fee and then of coarse the price of the hotel and any transportation depending on how far the hotel is from the aquatic center this year.

Member Pod of The South Coral Corey's Avatar
    Add Coral Corey on Facebook
    Thank you!

Hiya so I'm new and I've been scrolling through and I really hope I'll be able to go. BUT one thing is that I'm poor (not literaly but it's hard to make money even with a job) so I'm kinda scared I wont feel "welcome" or "worthy" with my tail (which will be made of neoprene and sequins) as all the professionals will be there with their gorgeous tails. Plus I'm kind of young (I'll be 16 by then). Or am I just fretting over nothing >_<

Sorry folks, no updates yet. We are still working with the tourism board (who like to take their sweet time) to secure better pricing and services for a hotel.

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Delphine, I think anyone that attended last year will tell you that it was a wonderful, welcoming, drama-free group of people coming together for a few days to share a loved passion. From the pictures, you can see that there were all manner of tails including many STUNNING sequin/neoprene creations! One of the first mermaids to gain widespread notoriety is Hannah Fraser, who from the beginning has created numerous gorgeous sequin/neoprene hybrids. You will be in very good company! So please, do NOT feel intimidated. The very first tail I made was out of a green trashbag and I ROCKED that fin!

So if i can secure a car and a job in flagstaff you all will be seeing me there! I'd have to try and convice my merwrangler to come with me though

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Currently planning on attending! Depends on money and my class schedule in January 2017. But as of right now I'm planning on attending. I have been in this community for too long to have met so few of you in person!

Sent from my iPhone
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Owner of The Ohio Mermaids
    Instagram: @KateyMermaid
    Katey Mermaid on Facebook
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website

I agree with Katey! I'm doing what I can to make it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Formerly known as Lady pyrate Finley

I would love to see you all I am bringing most of my team this time around

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I am still kicking myself for missing it this year. That won't happen again!

Awesome cant wait to go again

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Pearlie it was NOT the same without you. Really can't wait to see you again <3

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook

Can't wait to meet your whole crew!

Haha thanks I scrolled through alot of the pics and watched some videos. Hopefully I'll have my tail done by then

Add UtahMermaidPearl on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Awesome! I saw your group request
    Group request?

Ah I can't wait to meet you guys and make some new mer friends! I personally have never met another mer before, so meeting and swimming with all of you guys is gonna be so fun for me!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk