Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway: Mer Edition.

ive got an idea in mind. It's based on the Tang Dynasty princesses (I'm part Chinese), the rococo era (because of French influence in vietnam, and some Vietnamese elements (because that's where my parents were born).
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Euro Pod SiaTheMermaid's Avatar
    Add SiaTheMermaid on Facebook
    I really wish I had an artistic bone in my body, cause Id love to join in but I cant draw to save myself! All these drawings are so pretty 😍

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I wanna be where the mermaids are, I wanna see, wanna see them twirling
    Swimming around with those, What do you call 'em?
    Oh, fins.

I kinda combined both the island and the background challenge for this design. I was born and raised in Washington USA. I spent most summers in the San Juan Islands (or the Canadian BC gulf islands). This upcoming summer I get to go there with my fiance as his first trip with my family. I plan to take at least one of my tails.
    This design is based off the shape and markings of a female Orca (we have several pods native to the area who are not migratory). The white parts of the orca are painted with a sunrise in the islands. I am seriously considering creating this tail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Mia View Post
    I kinda combined both the island and the background challenge for this design. I was born and raised in Washington USA. I spent most summers in the San Juan Islands (or the Canadian BC gulf islands). This upcoming summer I get to go there with my fiance as his first trip with my family. I plan to take at least one of my tails.
    This design is based off the shape and markings of a female Orca (we have several pods native to the area who are not migratory). The white parts of the orca are painted with a sunrise in the islands. I am seriously considering creating this tail.

That's awesome! I love it

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    My mom always said her kids must be part fish... apparently she was right!

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good; but that which is good is always beautiful.
    ~ Ninon de L'Enclos

Thank you :3

When I was in 6th grade we took a class trip to Vashon island because a teacher had a cabin there. While the other kids were watching tv, I was looking out at Puget Sound and relaxing... I saw 2 adult orcas and a little baby. Nobody else got to see them because they were tv zombies! lol. I'll always treasure orcas!

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good; but that which is good is always beautiful.
    ~ Ninon de L'Enclos

Follow MerChemi on Tumblr
    //crashes in late
    Ok so i put more effort into my spring mermaid and actually lined her.
    Name:  20160506_123743.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  194.0 KB
    I didnt have time to colour her though, so i just slapped on a few (a lot) filters. Can you tell i love editing my pics??

Really excited about the new theme though!! Im thinking a mermaid with a qipao (im chinese)

So today I went back to my Jamaican mermaid and tried fixing her. Coloring her made it a little better too. So nobody laugh, although I might lol. Here is my Jamaican Parrotfish mermaid.

Now to figure out a mermaid to represent my heritage... it will require some thinking!

~ Ninon de L'Enclos

I think she looks great. Good job
    Mermaids - not so graceful on land...
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Leina View Post
    I think she looks great. Good job
    Thank you

~ Ninon de L'Enclos

Quote Originally Posted by MerMaiden Lissa View Post
    When I was in 6th grade we took a class trip to Vashon island because a teacher had a cabin there. While the other kids were watching tv, I was looking out at Puget Sound and relaxing... I saw 2 adult orcas and a little baby. Nobody else got to see them because they were tv zombies! lol. I'll always treasure orcas!

That is a really cook story :3 I'm glad you got to see them

Lissa i think your Jamaican mermaid looks very nice. I like the choice of the parrotfish.

Quote Originally Posted by MerChemi View Post
    //crashes in late
    Ok so i put more effort into my spring mermaid and actually lined her.
    Name:  20160506_123743.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  194.0 KB
    I didnt have time to colour her though, so i just slapped on a few (a lot) filters. Can you tell i love editing my pics??

Really excited about the new theme though!! Im thinking a mermaid with a qipao (im chinese)
    This is really beautiful. I love the "tattoo" on her arm.

This is loosely based on my grandmother. She grew up in a musical household, but married an abusive guy and had a bunch of kids. Then she met my grandpa (step-grandpa really, but the only one I've ever known), and he was a musician. He convinced her to sing again and they spent many happy years playing in jazz clubs together. This month is the 3rd anniversary of his death, and I don't think grandma has sang in public since. I don't get to see her much because it's a 15 hour drive, but I've been thinking of her, and the part of Oregon where she lives will always be my true home. Music is my heritage!

-The Siren-

~ Ninon de L'Enclos

That is a beautiful drawing and a heat-wrenching story. Im glad your grandma found her music again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Mia View Post
    That is a beautiful drawing and a heat-wrenching story. Im glad your grandma found her music again.

Me too. I got my voice from her. I just wish I didn't clam up so bad when I try to sing in front of people.

....hehehe.. "clam" up!

~ Ninon de L'Enclos

Quote Originally Posted by MerMaiden Lissa View Post
    Me too. I got my voice from her. I just wish I didn't clam up so bad when I try to sing in front of people.

....hehehe.. "clam" up!

Haha. I love puns. My whole family is musical too. On my moms side at least. My grandparents actually met in marching band :3

looking forward to seeing the challenge for this week if this thread is still alive that is XD

Follow MerChemi on Tumblr
    Name:  20160522_185552_20160529183033050.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  225.3 KB
    Here's my Chinese mermaid! I tried a different technique with lots of black and i quite like it, I used up so much ink though.
    Looking forward to the new prompt!

She looks beautiful