Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid in a Youtube Commercial

Mermaid in a Youtube Commercial

I follow a bunch of random beauty bloggers on youtube and was surprised today to see a pretty pink tail in a youtube video on my dashboard.

I'm just wondering who made the tail they used?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    No idea who made it either but that tail is really pretty!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Has a kind of mertailor feel maybe?

Edit: Yeah it's mertailor, it's on his FB page.
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 560
Size:  601.6 KB
    Last edited by Mer-Crazy; 04-04-2016 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    Has a kind of mertailor feel maybe?

Edit: Yeah it's mertailor, it's on his FB page.
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 560
Size:  601.6 KB
    Ah, now I know. I like the shade of pink, but too bad it's from them.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyren Shey View Post
    Ah, now I know. I like the shade of pink, but too bad it's from them.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    He does good work when it's a high-profile client. Too bad he doesn't expend as much effort into every tail he makes.

Even though it's a high-profile client...in that close-up shot he posted, you can see that the surface texture of the scales looks gritty. It's not smooth or shiny. It looks like there's sand mixed in with the paint. I've noticed that in every single close-up picture of a mertailor tail I've ever seen. I don't know why more people don't notice or comment on it....to me it's pretty obvious and very unattractive. It's not like it's hard to get a smooth finish on silicone.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    i think its his molds... like they're porous or something... or maybe it has to do with how he's airbrushing the tails.a cheap spray-gun perhaps? im not sure at all.

All of the above, perhaps? Regardless...his scales are some of the least realistic ones I've ever seen :P I'd be embarrassed to post a picture of my work if it looked like that. Sorry if that makes me sound like a dick, but I believe that if you're going to be promoting your work to professionals and celebrities like it's some high-end shit, you should make sure your work looks professional. Merfailor has clearly never bothered to do that though, and instead of taking criticism as an opportunity to improve himself, he just attacks everyone (come at me, bro :P )

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Theobromine View Post
    All of the above, perhaps? Regardless...his scales are some of the least realistic ones I've ever seen :P I'd be embarrassed to post a picture of my work if it looked like that. Sorry if that makes me sound like a dick, but I believe that if you're going to be promoting your work to professionals and celebrities like it's some high-end shit, you should make sure your work looks professional. Merfailor has clearly never bothered to do that though, and instead of taking criticism as an opportunity to improve himself, he just attacks everyone (come at me, bro :P )
    Brava! Although, he won't come at you, he'll post some whiny 'I'm a shiny little drop of love in a sea of haters' meme, superimposed over bad stock photography of a pretty sunset.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I find his tails looks like they're made of foam...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Brava! Although, he won't come at you, he'll post some whiny 'I'm a shiny little drop of love in a sea of haters' meme, superimposed over bad stock photography of a pretty sunset.

Forget the mermaid tail - can we talk about how God-awful that commercial is as a whole?!?!

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    I find the product name offensive. Not cause I'm offended by sex, but because I'm offended by hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by malinghi View Post
    I find the product name offensive. Not cause I'm offended by sex, but because I'm offended by hyperbole.

Plus, let's be honest: unless the product literally causes an orgasm, no cosmetic will ever be "better than sex"

Aw, I'm actually really fond of Kandee (the makeup artist with red hair in the commercial), she seems like a sweet lady, and Too Faced is currently my favorite cosmetics brand. I really love the Better Than Sex mascara, but haven't tried the waterproof yet. I agree that the tail surface does not look good close up, but I'm still fond of the color which is similar to the pink shade of the original "Better Than Sex" packaging.

Unpopular opinion I guess. oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by MerPixie View Post
    Plus, let's be honest: unless the product literally causes an orgasm, no cosmetic will ever be "better than sex"
    I wish sex = orgasms or was as simple to obtain as buying mascara.
    Last edited by Shyren Shey; 04-05-2016 at 03:44 PM. Reason: semi grouchy partner of an asexual dude

Quote Originally Posted by MerPixie View Post

Only chocolate can make that claim

Hang on....maybe those mascaras are actually vibrators!! That would actually be really clever!
    Last edited by Theobromine; 04-05-2016 at 04:11 PM. Reason: I'm a genius, clearly.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Theobromine View Post
    Damn! Beat me to it!

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    I think the girl in the commercial is VERY pretty and the concept is a sweet take for a waterproof mascara. As far as naming the product, "Better Than Sex," all I can think is that the people polled for that question couldn't have been very demanding.