Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid in a Youtube Commercial

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    They clearly also didn't think of the people for whom sex is about as desirable as a root canal treatment when choosing that line

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    They clearly also didn't think of the people for whom sex is about as desirable as a root canal treatment when choosing that line
    Then I suppose it would be better than sex for them.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyren Shey View Post
    Aw, I'm actually really fond of Kandee (the makeup artist with red hair in the commercial), she seems like a sweet lady, and Too Faced is currently my favorite cosmetics brand. I really love the Better Than Sex mascara, but haven't tried the waterproof yet. I agree that the tail surface does not look good close up, but I'm still fond of the color which is similar to the pink shade of the original "Better Than Sex" packaging.

Unpopular opinion I guess. oh well.

I wish sex = orgasms or was as simple to obtain as buying mascara.
    I was amused by it...it wasn't Super Bowl-caliber advertising, the tail was better than most I've seen in commercials, and I like the color.

If ANY mascara is - ahem - "better than sex", then you are definitely doing it wrong! As for it being a bad name, please...it's kind of clever, and I'm speaking from the point of view of having to argue with a product manager who wanted to name a nail polish "Heaven's Gate", right after the mass suicides of a cult that went by the same name.

I'm not familiar with the brand or the actress. I was mildly annoyed at first when I thought Eric had expanded into the cosmetics biz (which I wouldn't put past him) to cash in on the current mermaid trend, but when I realized he just made the prop, it made no difference to me.

I'm sorry you're semi-grouchy, and the cause...I couldn't deal with THAT!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    I'm sorry you're semi-grouchy, and the cause...I couldn't deal with THAT!
    Hah, yeah. It's not necessarily how I expected my life to go, but he's my best friend and loudest cheerleader. We get along in every other way for the last 14 years. I just mostly have to handle that bit myself unfortunately.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiris View Post
    I think the girl in the commercial is VERY pretty and the concept is a sweet take for a waterproof mascara. As far as naming the product, "Better Than Sex," all I can think is that the people polled for that question couldn't have been very demanding.
    omg Im dying hahaha. when your mascara is better than sex, you need a new partner

Quote Originally Posted by Theobromine View Post
    Merfailor has clearly never bothered to do that though, and instead of taking criticism as an opportunity to improve himself, he just attacks everyone.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Hehehe...you got teabagged by Arion!

Even though it's a high-profile client...in that close-up shot he posted, you can see that the surface texture of the scales looks gritty. It's not smooth or shiny. It looks like there's sand mixed in with the paint. I've noticed that in every single close-up picture of a mertailor tail I've ever seen. I don't know why more people don't notice or comment on it....to me it's pretty obvious and very unattractive. It's not like it's hard to get a smooth finish on silicone.
    you outta see my scales. In one part there's blobs of silicone between each scale. it doesn't seem that hard to fix something like that, he should've done that YEARS ago.
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    omg Im dying hahaha. when your mascara is better than sex, you need a new partner
    Hum hum *coughs*

I FINALLY GOT ARION GIFS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Hehehe...you got teabagged by Arion!

OH SNAP it's Kandee Johnson!!! She's pretty high up there on the beauty guru scale next to Michelle Phan ( :P I know I am THAT person. What can I say I love makeup videos )

no opinion about the name. But I mean I am down for anything that might be better than sex. Waterproof mascara?? I need that!!
    The SeaGlass Siren

You know how difficult it is to find Actual GOOD waterproof mascara? I need to test this out
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    I FINALLY GOT ARION GIFS!
    It's like a little treasure, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGlass Siren View Post
    You know how difficult it is to find Actual GOOD waterproof mascara? I need to test this out
    AMEN TO THAT
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGlass Siren View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if this led to more mermaid customers after a commercial like that?

All the "waterproof mascara a I have are not good enough. They flake off.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I JUST SAW MERFAILOR ERMAGERRRD I love it

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I JUST SAW MERFAILOR ERMAGERRRD I love it
    Can you believe it took us that long to figure that nickname until SHE said it?!

I was waiting for you to notice it lol

I was looking for reviews for this mascara and apparently the original formula is so much better than the waterproof one. Apparently it clumps up and gets all spidery.
    The SeaGlass Siren