Thread: July 17th Steamship Cruise

July 17th Steamship Cruise

Had fun doing this last year, so let's try again this year.

The Steamship Virginia V will be doing her annual cruise to Bainbridge Island on Sunday, July 17th.

The Virginia V is a historic steamship built in 1922, and is only remaining steamship from the Puget Sound Mosquito Fleet. This cruise will start at South Lake Union and travel through the Ballard Locks to Eagle Harbor, a gorgeous ride especially in the summer.

Schedule:

9:00 am- Boarding begins on the Virginia V. (South Lake Union Park behind MOHAI)

9:30am- the Virginia V departs for Bainbridge.

Noon- Arrival at Eagle Harbor.

12:30- Lunch (most likely, we'll just walk up to the grocery store and get something from the deli.)

1:00 pm- Swimming! (Last year, we went to Fort Ward park. I'm open for other suggestions, though! We will probably take a taxi, bring some cash)

5:30pm- Dinner in Winslow.

6:30pm- Board the Virginia V to return to Seattle.

9:30pm- the Virginia V arrives back at South Lake Union park.

Official website and where to buy tickets HERE Last year, we got the members discount. I'm going to check with my boss to see if we can do that again. Will update with exact ticket price.

UPDATE: Members discount is a go! That means that tickets for the cruise are $20.

For anyone who wants to come swimming but not go on the cruise, the Washington State Ferry also lands at Eagle Harbor. You can also choose to only ride the Virginia V one way and take the ferry the other.

Facebook Event is Here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1170969069603278/
    Last edited by Triton-Mahtlinnie; 04-15-2016 at 09:55 PM.

I'M SO THERE!!

I went on this last year and it was so much fun!

Junior Member North Pacific Pod
    Wait, how do you get the member's discount? Because I'm totally interested in this.
    "Take me above your light,
    Carry me through the night.
    Hold me secure in flight,
    Sing me to sleep tonight."
    ~Hello Seattle by Owl City

When you go to buy your ticket, there are two options. Members price, and non-members price. Just choose the member's option.

I would LOVE to go! This sounds like so much fun!

Junior Member North Pacific Pod tessie's Avatar
    Add tessie on Facebook
    I still have to double check that I'm free but I hope I'll be able to make it!!
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

I was gonna be camping that weekend, but just found out that my husband is being sent out of town for work. So that means that I can come to this now!
    Excited to meet those that I haven't met yet.

A reminder to everyone that this is next weekend! I'm crossing my fins that the weather will hold out (this hasn't been the best July so far has it?) but we should have plenty to do on the island even if it isn't 85 and baking like last year.

Please buy your ticket if you haven't already (though they will also be sold dockside at boarding).

Remember to show up by at least 9:15 to make boarding easier. The boat waits for no one! (But, if you do happen to miss it, we will be tying up near the Washington State Ferry dock on Bainbridge)

Please bring a little cash to help with the taxi.

And you are welcome to bring some food and drink to have on the ship during the voyage. A lunch box, some snackage, whatever.

See you all next Sunday!

Alright folks, this is tomorrow! Don't forget to show up before 9:30. If you haven't bought a ticket yet, never fear you can also just bring a $20 and pay before boarding.

Parking: The best place to park is usually the Westlake Parking lot. (This is the lot that stretches the full length of Westlake ave on Lake Union) Since tomorrow is a sunday, parking is free.

I'm making a packing list so I won't forget anything, so I thought I'd share it in case other people are packing too.

- Tail (obviously)

- Accessories (jewelry, hairpieces, ect.)

- Swimsuit.

- Swim top.

- Lube (for all the silicone/latex tailowners out there)

- Towel

- Yoga Mat

- Cash for taxi/food

- Snackage to eat on the boat ride.

- Dry clothing

- A coat (the ship will be getting back into Seattle after dark, it'll probably be a little cold)

- Camera

Got anything else you don't want to forget?
    Last edited by Triton-Mahtlinnie; 07-18-2016 at 01:35 AM.

I really wish i could come!
    I have work till 2. :,( i hope everyone has a blast and takes loads of pictures!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk