Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scale Maile Ariel

HI HELLO FELLOW METAL TAIL OWNER HERE! I'm going to find a way to swim in mine! Glory to the metal tails!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Auri's Avatar

Follow Mermaid Auri on Tumblr
    [QUOTE=Dividedbyziro;255747]HI HELLO FELLOW METAL TAIL OWNER HERE! I'm going to find a way to swim in mine! Glory to the metal tails!

HI!
    Your tail is amazing! If you find any tips or tricks on swimming in it, I am all ears!

Oh goodness you know of my tail! Welp i'm currently puzzling over what kind of fluke i want and whether i want to use a monofin (buying or making) and whether i want to be pretty and fish like, or do i want power and speed.
    I'll be mulling it over further today, but i got the full body of the tail done last night! Fluke and fins are all thats left.

Quote Originally Posted by Dividedbyziro View Post
    Oh goodness you know of my tail! Welp i'm currently puzzling over what kind of fluke i want and whether i want to use a monofin (buying or making) and whether i want to be pretty and fish like, or do i want power and speed.
    I'll be mulling it over further today, but i got the full body of the tail done last night! Fluke and fins are all thats left.

I did a little digging on the "show us your tail" thread. I love the pop tab idea!
    I've spent a lot of time pondering the same thing. My current fluke is made out of sheet metal, so not so great for water use.
    What are your plans for fins?
    I've been rolling around with a few ideas, none of which I've gotten the chance to play with yet

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Auri View Post
    I did a little digging on the "show us your tail" thread. I love the pop tab idea!
    I've spent a lot of time pondering the same thing. My current fluke is made out of sheet metal, so not so great for water use.
    What are your plans for fins?
    I've been rolling around with a few ideas, none of which I've gotten the chance to play with yet
    Well since im using fabric to sew my tabs onto, i can use more fabric for backing for fins. As for the fluke, i have the option of not using a monofin and simply weaving a stiff material between tabs. However again, im conflicted. I think i want more speed and power than i want pure aesthetics.

Sent from my toaster using Tapatalk
    Heres the finished base and the fabric i may use. Its light and flowy though. Either way i'll have to use it i guess.

Well since im using fabric to sew my tabs onto, i can use more fabric for backing for fins. As for the fluke, i have the option of not using a monofin and simply weaving a stiff material between tabs. However again, im conflicted. I think i want more speed and power than i want pure aesthetics.

Heres the finished base and the fabric i may use. Its light and flowy though. Either way i'll have to use it i guess.
    Oh very cool
    That looks so awesome! I love the little rainbow bits.
    I do have one question though, how much soda did you have to drink for that thing?!

Well,i usually have one or two a month. What you see in the picture is a collective effort. I've dug through recycling bins (with owner consent), had friends on the hunt, and picked up every can i see on the streets. It's taken me over 5 years to get this many.

I think my favourite part about this is that it weighs roughly 5lbs currently.

Well,i usually have one or two a month. What you see in the picture is a collective effort. I've dug through recycling bins (with owner consent), had friends on the hunt, and picked up every can i see on the streets. It's taken me over 5 years to get this many.

I think my favourite part about this is that it weighs roughly 5lbs currently.

That is a valiant effort, my friend. Kudos to you and yours!
    That's so light! I think mine weighs about 15-ish pounds

Hey. Hey guess what, its update tiiime. Lookie look my friends<3

That looks amazing!